Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 11-26-2000, 03:36 AM   #1
Fiorenzo

My paladin , level by level, gains always one detect evil!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have 12 detect evil and i don't know how to use them. is it an unuseful spell, isn't it? why do i gain only this spell?

can you tell me if there is any difference between round and turn?

thanks!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2000, 01:05 PM   #2
vpassias

The difference is that 1 turn = 10 rounds , by the way do you have a savegame just as the party arrives at new frozen Easthaven for the final battle? please if you have such a savegame send to me please at vpassias@hotmail.com .Otherwise I can't finish the game.
thank u!
Old 11-26-2000, 01:07 PM   #3
vpassias

The difference is that 1 turn = 10 rounds , by the way do you have a savegame just as the party arrives at new frozen Easthaven for the final battle? please if you have such a savegame send to me please at vpassias@hotmail.com .Otherwise I can't finish the game.
thank u!
Old 11-26-2000, 04:51 PM   #4
Wrath
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It's just not a useful spell IMO, and anyone who needs 12 of them must be one heck of a lousy player. I'd trade all of those for Draw Upon Holy Might, or an extra Lay on Hands The others explained the difference between turns and rounds.

-Wrath
Wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 02:26 PM   #5
Montag

I actually used this to my advantage once! In the Severed hand, when you loot certain stashes a bunch of monsters will come after you. However, if you use detect evil, you will force the issue and instigate battle. It doesnt give you that much of an advantage though.

It is a shame that it wont reveal evil thiefs like those in Lower Dorns keep.