Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-04-2001, 07:13 AM   #1
Sigmar
Unicorn

Well it seems to me like I'm the only person on the board without a sig with over 650 posts. The problems are

1:I dont know where to find sigs(I would use bgdungeon but It has closed down)
2:I dont know how to add a sig to my post(I've never had a sig, even during all the time I spent at Bgdungeon)
So if anyone can give me links to any good sig sites I would really appreciate it.

------------------
"If complete and utter chaos was lightning,then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards"."-Rincewind
Sigmar, proud warrior of clan HADB.

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 10-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sigmar (edited 10-04-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 07:51 AM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

What are you looking for Sigmar? I could give you some sites, but what kinda pics do you want in your sig?

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Official Entertainer in Cloudy's Cafe
Old 10-04-2001, 07:58 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

try a search on www.google.com on whichever subject you like.
Do you want an animated gif, try something like "free animated gifs"

ONce you've found a picture, you need to find out if the site will host it for you or if you have to host it yourself. In the former case, rightclick on the picture to view the properties, and copy the exact image address. Put that in your sig, between the following code. [ img][ /img] (remove the spaces)
If you need to host it yourself, you can either get a free page somewhere (for example at www.facelink.com ) and upload it. Then, again follow the steps of copying the exact image address and putting it between the [ img ] tags. YTou can also ask on of the people here (Ziroc, A.Warlock) to host it for you and give you the address.
Tried to be as complete as possible....hope this helps

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-04-2001, 08:26 AM   #4
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

sigmar, one place to look is the photo album for ironworkers, at stealthy's site in the photo album section, he has quite a few gifs there, and has already said any IW folk who need a sig gif may use one of his - as long as you simply type in the URL addy of the image, or if you see a pic anywhere on the web you like, as long as it is not to big - (ask Z, Memnoch, Saz, etc.) You right click on the image you want, like melusine said. If you just get a hash of numbers and letters as the url in the properties box, like i did when i was trying to fix my mummy, right click on the image again, then save the image to a folder on your computer - that is what I did with the mummy gif on stealthy's site. check out what you saved(i checked to make sure he was moonwalking) then, you can email that gif(if not a gif, people on board can make it so) to many here on the board who will host it for you. Mirac took the mummy gif for me, downloaded it to his website, then sent me the address to put inbetween the img tags melusine showed you, put in your sig box on your profile, instant image in your sig. it really is harder to explain than do, and Ziroc is also hosting it for me, so if one site goes down or changes, I have an alternate place where my mummy is safe and sound, ready to be called if i need him

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:31 AM   #5
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

here is stealthy's site: http://communities.msn.co.uk/StealthysSite
this is the thread where i was asking for help with my mummy, and Mirac's web address is in the replies to it, he has images and can help also:
http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003801.html

------------------
Unstinting Gaurdian of Children
Defender of Those Unable To

Official Pin-Up Girl Evaluator/Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-04-2001, 08:56 AM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

If you are looking for more of a text based signature like mine or Saz's, check out www.cooltext.com At that site, you can make all sorts of cool looking font effects and then save them as .gif images. That's where I started with my signature.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley
Old 10-04-2001, 09:57 AM   #7
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

If you have a request, there are alot of good members here that can help you out fixing the sigs as well!

Encounter problems, just post away! We fix you up with a nice sig!

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-05-2001, 07:01 AM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

Thank-you, sorry for replying so late but my computer's being fixed at my house and I'm now using my dad's computer. I really appreciate the help, thanks Link(A warrior style one but I'm not sure yet),Melusine(Thank-you for the link and help),JJ(once again thank-you for helping me),Farther Bronze(Thanks for the link)and WOLFGIR thankyou allNow to choose one.

------------------
"If complete and utter chaos was lightning,then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting "All gods are bastards"."-Rincewind
Sigmar, proud warrior of clan HADB.