Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-14-2001, 10:31 AM   #11
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
we as americans must also realize that we are not the only country to be attacked by terrorism. it has existed for a long time.
it just finaly smacked us in the face.
the rest of the world has been fealing the pain for decades. we had thus far
sat idly by, since it had "never happend here".
We no longer have that luxury,
Trust them, they know how we feel.
and as melusine was pointing out, our world is shrinking.
we are not so different anymore.
we are all members of the same global community.
For as it has been made so abundantly clear: "An attack on one, is an attack on us all."

I am 100% with you. I hadn't thought that way until this incident. You are the first person to phrase it so concisely.

Thanks for the support out there!

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-14-2001, 10:32 AM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
we as americans must also realize that we are not the only country to be attacked by terrorism. it has existed for a long time.
it just finaly smacked us in the face.
the rest of the world has been fealing the pain for decades. we had thus far
sat idly by, since it had "never happend here".
We no longer have that luxury,
Trust them, they know how we feel.
and as melusine was pointing out, our world is shrinking.
we are not so different anymore.
we are all members of the same global community.
For as it has been made so abundantly clear: "An attack on one, is an attack on us all."

Well and truly spoken, Slackerboy... (er *written*)

------------------

Old 09-14-2001, 10:35 AM   #13
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Nachtrafe:
Thanks Europe!

Mel, Slackerboy, Donut...agreed. Terrorism is horrible, regardless of where it occurs. I've been holding to that "how can you possibly understand" mindset for the last two days, and sort of 'woke up' today and realized how narrow minded it was. My apologies to any and all that I have offended with such attitude. This is most defenitely a worldwide problem, and we all need to band together.

Damn...I'm getting sappy again....GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad you finally got this, hon. I knew once everyone started to calm down and focus again, this feeling would blow over. I never even entertained the thought that other countries couldn't or wouldn't feel our pain. I've studied World History rather in depth. EVERY country has endured suffering, pain, indignity, loss, terror, war...But don't worry about it. We've all had our moments this week. LOL (meaning, in this case, Lots of Love) to you!!! (((hug))) We'll ALL get through this and be stronger for it.

And Neb - just knowing you (and others like you) are there is enough! (((BIG HUG))).

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair.*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 09-14-2001).]
Old 09-14-2001, 10:52 AM   #14
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

We also observed the three minutes - sort of. This is what happened: We'd already had five silent minutes yesterday. The teacher we had today said that it wasn't neccessary to interrupt our work again and wanted to continue ( ). Then, at 12 o'clock, everybody stopped talking and working of their own accord and sat silently for 5 minutes. The teacher was frustrated but couldn't do anything (). It shows how stupid some people can be, yet I am proud of my class for observing the silent time against the teacher's wishes. There is also a German flag hanging at half-mast (can you say that) at all public buildings. We don't have a German flag (oops) so we took another one. There is also an American flag and a black band hanging in the entrance hall of our school. Americans, you are not alone.

------------------

Kazara

Ruby Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-14-2001, 02:30 PM   #15
Absynthe

Thank you all for your show of support. It is deeply appreciated.
And Nachtrafe? That took some spine, you have my respect.

Old 09-14-2001, 02:43 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
We also observed the three minutes - sort of. This is what happened: We'd already had five silent minutes yesterday. The teacher we had today said that it wasn't neccessary to interrupt our work again and wanted to continue ( ). Then, at 12 o'clock, everybody stopped talking and working of their own accord and sat silently for 5 minutes. The teacher was frustrated but couldn't do anything (). It shows how stupid some people can be, yet I am proud of my class for observing the silent time against the teacher's wishes. There is also a German flag hanging at half-mast (can you say that) at all public buildings. We don't have a German flag (oops) so we took another one. There is also an American flag and a black band hanging in the entrance hall of our school. Americans, you are not alone.

Kaz that is truely amazing. Thank your friends from us.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.