Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2000, 07:57 PM   #1
Tathlum

I am just wondering if anyone else does this or are me and my circle of friends weirdos.
Now that all of us have finished the game several times over we are looking for something more. In the pursuit we've taken to online battles between our characters. some times we take 3 on 3 or even 1 on 1 fights to the death LOL. If you havent tried it yet its a blast. We've come up with some rules of conduct for such matches, here they are.

1. No ability scores may be edited ever, what you roll is what you get.

2. All characters should add up to the same level total. Ex. a 10th level wizard and a 5th level fighter would match up with a 7th level theif and an 8 th level priest.

3. Either all edited with dale keeper or all "stock" with equipment available in the game.

4. Only the first round of melee will be paused, the rest of the fight wont be paused for any reason. (This lends itself to creative profile editing)

5. If one person is using rangers and paladins the other person should have evil characters, so they wont suffer being fallen penality.

6. To the victor goes the spoiles the last man standing gets to plunder the bodies of the fallen.

It is pretty fun if you have someone you can trust to play it with. We've started bringing up characters from 1st level that we do nothing but fight with LOL.

Breaunk vhos trolhk!
Hobgoblin farewell- translated as "If you die while I'm gone, do it quietly I wouldn't want to miss the fun."
Old 12-07-2000, 12:55 AM   #2
Rouver

sweet...I"d heard of this type of playing, but no one had every laid out the rules that they played by. sounds really fun.
do you have your computers directly connected, or are you playing over the modem? Is it typically 1 on 1 (person-wise, not character-wise), or do you get 3 or more people involved?
Old 12-08-2000, 04:26 PM   #3
Tathlum

We play over the internet via modems. we've tried 6 people but that doesnt work to well, 3 is the best number to do it with. It makes it alot more dificult to keep up with 2 other people than just one.

I like running 2 characters each with 3 people, its interesting how people choose classes to get the best combo. I've found 2 dwarven clerics kick BOOTAY LOL