Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-02-2001, 10:47 PM   #31
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Um.. Zor, they are still the same...
Old 01-02-2001, 11:57 PM   #32
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

(Slap) check Yoda in Empire strikes back. And also read up on pantheism and you'll see the correlation.

Note: not that I advocate pantheism mind you, in a way I just prefered to know the different theologies before picking/incorperating one.
Old 01-03-2001, 12:15 AM   #33
Dr.FuManchu

ok thx memmnoch.

Old 01-03-2001, 12:30 AM   #34
Jon the Hell Caster

Ok this topic has gone totaly off topic! Lets just forget about it and let it fall down like a bad case of Dandruff! Angry Man I suggest you start a new topic because this topic is corupted. No one reply after this,

Old 01-03-2001, 12:56 AM   #35
One ANGRY lil' man

I was insulting true neutrals not the force and not pantheism nor ANYTHING else. So give me a break simply because I do not look it to as many diverse theologies as you do so SORRY. Just settle down look I simply was making an inference about D&D's interpretation of True Neutrality not Neo-Hinduism or ANYTHING else so please take your assumptions and quiet yourself I'll not be persecuted by pantheistic Hindu Jedi's.

Old 01-03-2001, 01:14 AM   #36
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

If you dish it out you should be able to take it Worm.

I'm not persecuting you, and I'm not a Hindu Jedi - that was an side point I picked up on, I'm not quite sure why such a movie was used in this argument, but my issue was that you brushed his and others points aside so nonchalantly and in some cases insultingly. (I like the foot in mouth idiom Armisael used and thought it rather appropriate actually.)

Anyhow re-read my longer earliest reply as an answer to what you're saying about True neutrality. I'm fully aware of what you're saying.

As I said if you can't take it don't dish it out. As Zor said some of us don't mind a good argument, as long as it's an intelligent debate with some acknowledgement of the others parries.
Old 01-03-2001, 03:42 AM   #37
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

nod head...

ps: i just hope this argument doesnt become a full scale insults and hothead replies... pls bear that in mind folks. be civil after all its 2001 (the really new millenium)
Old 01-03-2001, 03:59 AM   #38
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Can be a start of the new barbaric era... : )
Old 01-03-2001, 04:36 AM   #39
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Good call Zor. Mind you I think he calls himself Worm. It wasn't meant to be an insult.
Old 01-03-2001, 05:22 AM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Nothing better than a vigorous exchange of views! The board is not just to help newbies, it's to share information and that includes debate and discussion. someone puts forward an opinion or a viewpoint, (hopefully) backed by some sort of logic, and others will either agree or disagree. As long as this discussion remains civilized, supported by some sort of fact or logic and doesn't descend to flaming, I don't see anything wrong with it. I think swearing is ok as long as you use it to make a point and not in an angry reply to someone else and I'm sure Ziroc would agree.

When someone puts forward an inflammatory post with NO facts or logic behind it, or uses foul language to abuse someone personally, then that is clearly flaming.

Littleman is totally entitled to present his (wrong) views since it looked to me like he actually had some form of logic behind his views. just as Yorick is entitled to contradict him with even wronger views!! (and an even more detailed set of facts to support him!). Who's to say who's right or wrong? That's what the debate is all about!