Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-14-2001, 06:54 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

As taken from the AD&D online accessory Cult of the Dragon. Known Chosen in the Realms include the Seven Sisters, Elminster, Khelben Arunsun and formerly Sammaster (who fell from grace and later founded the dracolich-worshipping Cult of the Dragon). Don't ever pick a fight with any of them.

Powers of the Chosen:

Latent Powers: Each of Mystra’s Chosen has a Constitution score of 25 and enjoys all the associated benefits, including automatic system shock and resurrection survival as well as the regeneration of 1 hit point per turn. The regeneration ability applies even to lost limbs and organs, which can be regrown over time. (In the statistical listing for each of the Chosen of Mystra, the character’s original, unaltered Constitution score is given in parentheses.) The Chosen are immune to all disease and other afflictions as if they were constantly under the effects of an elixir of health; dying from natural causes is an impossibility. They never need to sleep and can survive without food or drink for up to seven days at a time (as though benefiting from a vitality potion).

The Chosen are immune to the wizard spell disintegrate and all similar magic. They receive a +5 bonus to all saving throws vs. spell and a +3 bonus to saving throws vs. the breath weapons of dragons. They can detect magic at will out to a range of 90 feet or the individual’s line of sight, whichever is greater.

All Chosen are aware whenever their own names (including nicknames, titles, etc.) are spoken by someone anywhere on Toril and can also hear the next nine words uttered by the same speaker. The ability to hear these words is always in effect unless it is disengaged, which is often the case when one’s need to concentrate outweighs the desire to eavesdrop.

Each of the Chosen can invoke various forms of protection upon his or her person, including that equivalent to a ring of warmth, a ring of mind shielding, a water breathing potion, or a protection from gas scroll. These protections can be called upon at will, but only one of the effects can operate in any round.

*Tome of Magic spells.
Each individual is entitled to select (and all of them have selected) one specific wizard spell from each spell level to which he or she is immune. This immunity extends to a priest version of the spell as well, if such exists (the reversed form of remove curse, for example).

Manifested Powers: All of the following powers require an act of will to used. An individual may either use one of these powers or cast a spell normally in a round—but not both.

Once every 7 turns, a Chosen can unleash from within his or her body a beam of magical whitish flame known as silver fire (which is also used as a general name for the overall power invested in each of her Chosen by the goddess). This beam is 5 feet wide and can be made to extend
as far as 70 feet if desired. No magical or physical barrier has been discovered that can stand up against it, and the beam inflicts 4d12 points of damage (no saving throw allowed) on all beings struck by it. Any nonliving object touched by the beam must make a saving throw vs. magical fire to avoid being destroyed.

An individual also can choose to expel the silver fire in the shape of a cloud that fills a cone-shaped area 5 feet in diameter at its base, up to 70 feet long, and up to 70 feet across at its widest. This “silver cloud” causes no damage, but banishes dead magic areas forever, instantly restoring such an area’s connection with the Goddess of All Magic. This use of the silver fire is extremely rare, since Mystra considers it an emergency action only.
The silver fire also can be activated within the body of a Chosen to purge all external magical and psionic compul sions from that person. And, once per day, an individual can teleport without error to the last location where he or she used the silver fire in any of its forms.

Mystra grants each of her Chosen the ability to permanently know one spell of each spell level the individual is able to use. They can cast these spells without components, by a silent act of will alone, and these spells return without study to the individual’s memory 24 hours after the last time each was cast. These bonus spells do not count against the number of spells that a Chosen can use per day as dictated by the character’s experience level.

------------------
Old 05-14-2001, 07:37 AM   #2
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Hey good stuff! I am always on the lookout for your posts about stats for people. Btw Cloudy is looking for more info about the seven sisters after reading the book you reccomended to her "The Simbuls Gift" sounds like a great book, shes making me envious now. Since Mystra is my favourite God/Godess anything about her is good to find. keep posting threads like this!

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 05-14-2001, 09:31 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Cool!
Thanks Memnoch!
You are a sea of information sometimes!

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-14-2001, 09:54 AM   #4
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

IS THAT ALL HE'S GOT! I could take him with my . . with my . . shield and sword . . .and my healing potion . . . oh bloody hell, never mind (sigh). Please don't hurt me . . .

BK

------------------

The Black Storm Cloud of the Night
Consort to a Queen
Champion of Truth, Justice and Cloudy's Way
Captain of the Knights of the Golden Dragons
Heart, Mind, and Soul
Offical Wizard and Warrior Questioner
What is this, the Spanish Inquisition?
Ironworks Answer Man
Old 05-14-2001, 10:01 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You know I am appreciative.

------------------

Larry, a Loyal Guardian of the OHF

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 05-14-2001).]
Old 05-14-2001, 10:18 AM   #6
Draggor
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for the info Memnoch. I love to read the background stuff like this. Whoa, those chosen are tough.

------------------
Just when you thought it was safe to visit this board.
Old 05-15-2001, 01:51 AM   #7
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

It seems spellcasters are crapweasels when fighting them. You probably need a high level kensai or a paladin with holy avenger to kick their butt.

------------------
Welcome to hell.