Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-02-2000, 02:11 AM   #1
deez
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Serpent Temple Questions:

1. I have the 4 Monkey Idols, Incense, Spider Nectar, and Monkey key. I am stuck now in the Temple and cannot figure out where to go or what to do next.

2. What determines whether or not the "Skull Locks" open? I have found 3 (2 by the underwater entrance to the Temple (Snake Rooms or something like that) and one other one by the Torturing rooms (by the prisoner and rack and all that). None of them opened up for me, but once I got the Spider Nectar the one by the Torture rooms opened. I went back to the Snake Rooms and they still won't open. Am I missing a key or something?

Two other extra questions . . .

1. Where is the "Wolf-beast" for the Lord Barrenhawk's Bounty quest?

2. Can anyone tell me where the Orb of Clarity is?

Any help anyone could give me would be appreciated.
Old 12-02-2000, 02:34 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Deez,

Okay, major spoiler here...

1) Go to the library (on the north side of temple) and place the monkey statues in the alcoves there. This will cause the floor to function as an elevator, which you may ride to Kreug's sanctum and find the Serpent Wand.

2) Yes, you need the Serpent key, which you get from Kreug (you should have met him soon on in the temple). He will ask you to clean out the serpent holds, and will give you a key. Open either doorway with the Serpent key, and swim down the corridor. About halfway there you'll meet the Unholy Filth (what Kreug wants you to destroy). Kill it and swim up to a small chamber. On the table there is the Serpent Idol. You'll need it for the Library as well.

If you've already killed Kreug, but didn't get the key, go back to where you killed him and search the floor. The key, as an essential quest item, should still be there.

With the newly acquired Serpent Idol, go back to the Library and place it in the last alcove (the one in the center). This will open a secret door and you will receive the Book of the Serpent. Note what it says on each line; these are the answers to the questions Xydussa asks you when you summon her at the serpent head.

3) The Wolf-beast you will meet on the far side of the Shire (near the Dragonspire), close to where Jathil and Torin are, but further west. You may not encounter him until you finish Shurugeon, as Ardibren alludes to a wolf-beast that has mortally wounded him as well.

4) The Orb of Clarity is held by Harespia, the Gypsy, on the west side of Nymph Lake. You can get it one of two ways: kill Harespia, or talk to her and bring her the Serpent Wand from Kreug (remember to summon Xydussa first).

Hope this gets you past your logjam. Best of luck to you!

Sazerac
Old 12-02-2000, 02:35 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Erm, correction: that's "Book of the Servant", not Serpent. All these S-words! Hehe.

Sazerac.
Old 12-02-2000, 03:39 AM   #4
Astyanax12

Minor addition to the previous fine post.....

The wolf-beast will not appear until you have found the dead stout with the writ near the stout mines(don't ask me why, the logic escapes me)

Old 12-03-2000, 01:07 AM   #5
deez
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wouldn't have thought that I missed anything in the rooms where I killed Kreug, but anything is possible. Thanks all!

As for the elusive wolf-beast, I don't know, I found the Writ, and then went back by the Dragonspire to drop off Erzebette's letter to the mailbox in the cave, but maybe I just need to do the Shurugeon Castle first.

Thanks again!