Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 03:51 PM   #1
Sabien Blackmoor
Welcomed New User

Could someone please offer some advice on greater werewolves. I dismantled the group of wolves at Firkraggs with the exception of the "greater" one. I lured em out to the room with balconies and closed the doors. Now when hitting him with arrows(all kinds) I cannot do any damage. I even had Minsc hang over the side and nail em a few times . The game states how much damage is being done and I do not see immune etc.. to weapons but when tabbed over, the greater werewolf is "noninjured." Could this be a bug. Regeneration at 23 points a round..Oh yeah..sure would like to have a potion of that.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:04 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Urm... Greater Werewolves are very high-level monsters, and if you cannot deal more than 23 damage per round, you may want to consider coming back later when you are of higher level.

Try summoning to deal more damage per round. Aerial Servants will help a lot here. They pack a mega-punch.
Old 11-08-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

In the Ravenloft Monster Compendium, I forget which one, it states that greater werewolves regen all hp's at the end of every round, so drop swords on your tanks and proceed to hack them up before thay can grow back
Old 11-08-2001, 09:08 PM   #4
masteraleph
Elminster

There is, occasionally, a bug where one of the Greater Werewolves at Firkraag's will be nearly unkillable. Can you kill other Greater Werewolves? If so then this one's buggy. Either Cntrl-Y him or you'll have to do 100+ damage in one round
Old 11-08-2001, 09:52 PM   #5
Sabien Blackmoor
Welcomed New User

Thanks fer de help..I forgot to mention the fact he walked through 2 walls to suddenly appear in the large chamber after we closed doors to 3 rooms on our way out to find a place to rest. That seemed kinda odd.But then who said they couldn't open doors. It was just the way it all happened that made it seem like a bug.
speaking about level..I believe I didn't explain it welljudging by the first reply. If all I could deliver as a group was 23 in a round I would stay in town and hunt chickens. Modestly speaking I was only shooting a few arrows to feel him out. The eyebrows raised when we delivered damage and the next round he was "uninjured." Sitting on the perch with him trapped in a room we shot over 100 arrows with the majority hitting their mark. He remained uninjured after receiving damage. I began to think "illusion." But then again perhaps he was the ultimate regenerator.
Old 11-08-2001, 10:08 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Doesn't it take a +2 or +3 weapon to hit a greater werewolf?
Old 11-08-2001, 11:19 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

look, I remmy fighting one of those back in the old days... ahh.. pleasure

the key is, you need a good mage/cleric combination, just bombard him with doom

say, I know at least five characters can cast doom

Jaheria/Arie/Viconia/Keldon/the ranger guy

so have three dooms hit him as soon as the battle begins

then have them cast another round of doom (make sure at the end of that round, let Jan start a Veniger of Death spell, or Choco Orb) either way, the greater werewolf is gone...

**yawn** cheesy ways to kill anyone

lay loads of traps, another way

IF you are really good, like me

... forget it, hard to explai... buahahaha
Old 11-09-2001, 01:46 AM   #8
frudi_x
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by masteraleph:
There is, occasionally, a bug where one of the Greater Werewolves at Firkraag's will be nearly unkillable.

so that's really a bug? thought I just sucked too much when I first played through and found it almost impossible to kill (finaly managed to disintegrate him in the end). but I didn't have the problem in any of my next games.

oh, and it's Greater Wolfwere, not Greater Werewolf.