Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2002, 04:36 PM   #1
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If someone could help me build a awsome theif to use as a lone player i would appreciate it. I want to be able to finally keep my theif alive from start to finish using only him in the game. All my other one got there own personal blue screen of death at some point or another.

Thanks
Coral
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:30 PM   #2
Sorcerer Alex

Well, just make sure you give yourself high dexterity, constitution and strength when building your character. An elf would be a good race, because they get to have 19 dexterity. Neutral good is the alignment I would go for. As far as distributing ability points goes - first build up lock picking and disarm traps (I get them both up to 100) then work on hide in shadows/move silently as this allows you to backstab and become invisible at will. With regards to equipment, I'd say the bracers of defense AC 3, the blade of roses, ring of protection +2, boots of stealth, short bow +2, ring of earth control and the cloak of non detection are all items you can pick up early in the game, and ones which will make you pretty powerful. Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2002, 09:07 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
Well, just make sure you give yourself high dexterity, constitution and strength when building your character. An elf would be a good race, because they get to have 19 dexterity. Neutral good is the alignment I would go for. As far as distributing ability points goes - first build up lock picking and disarm traps (I get them both up to 100) then work on hide in shadows/move silently as this allows you to backstab and become invisible at will. With regards to equipment, I'd say the bracers of defense AC 3, the blade of roses, ring of protection +2, boots of stealth, short bow +2, ring of earth control and the cloak of non detection are all items you can pick up early in the game, and ones which will make you pretty powerful. Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]

SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Another suggestion: buy as many potions of master thievery as you can afford, search the shops in each district to find what items you want (i.e. "casing the joints"), then quaff a bunch of potions (they are cumulative) and steal as much stuff as you need. Also, make sure to pickpocket Ribald in the Adventurer's Mart; the ring of regeneration he has will save you lots of healing potions. Other good targets include the guards all around, the town criers, and the noble couple in the southeast corner of Waukeen's Promenade. Just make sure to save after each sucessful filch, or load again if failed. Finally, buy/steal a bunch of invisibility potions, because it is very likely that you won't be able to hide/move silently that well when you first start out, and you need stealth if you plan to survive. I know all of this is a tad...larcenous, but you are a thief, after all!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 09:08 PM   #4
Coral
Elite Waterdeep Guard

THanks for the help, right now i am playing my new theif and things are looking good for him, starting out though was still a little unstable but in the end he survived =)
Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 09:24 PM   #5
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

If you are planning on going Solo then traps are a must build up on setting snares(read my post on this forum called Thieves are great).
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 07:13 AM   #6
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a site designed to aid solo players in Baldur's Gate 2. Why not take a look at:
www.geocities.com/jw_ian/

One of the features is an article especially dedicated to character creation.