Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-08-2001, 01:02 PM   #1
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ive nearly completed bg2-upto point of elven city after underdark-couple of questions as im just backtracking over past quests i.e killing dragons and kanx-however ive seen this door-heard about rogue stones so i purchased 1 and still nothing happens-the door will not open.i have complated guarded compound in temple district-but this is really bothering me now-also iomen is dead-useless char and yoshimo seems to have dissapeared on me-anybody know of any more thieves-no idea what happened to yoshimo-told him to leave parrty and now hes dissapeared-sorry for spelling mistakes-cant type fast
Old 10-08-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

yoshimo is a treator but he has sworen a geas so
if he doesnt turn you over to Ironikus hell die so

you will find him dead were youleft him unless you took him with you
to the assulem

------------------
Quote:
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats good
www.clix.to/wave
Old 10-08-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Well the twisted Rune should open when you have the Rouge stone...
Any other good thieves ingame....NO...make one yourself...and play multi like us
Old 10-08-2001, 01:12 PM   #4
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

when u say make one yourself-im level 19-how do i make a thief without starting again-and just to check its a rogue stone i need-just 1 on my main char and its the door to the right where u fight kanx
Old 10-08-2001, 01:16 PM   #5
Tuor
Elminster

SPOILER

No it's not the door to the right where you fight Kangaxx, the twisted rune encounter is in the Bridge District.

It's the first right facing door on the waters edge of the map from the Bottom of the screen.

And it's a bllody hard fight

Incidently Waverider will you please put spoiler in your posts because you've given away one of the pivotal plot twists in your last one. Thanks (Not that it bothers me but it might annoy those who haven't finished the game yet.)
Old 10-08-2001, 01:20 PM   #6
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

sorry thats what i mean-im at the door on the right facing the water-nothing is happening-i have the stone-ready to kill stuff and nothing?????and im in the right location-is it just 1 rogue stone u need?
Old 10-08-2001, 01:29 PM   #7
Tuor
Elminster

Apologies If I patronise you.

You've disarmed the trap on the door?

You've opened the door?

Try going in and you get a message on screen, try a second time and you'll be able to go in...

Any luck I'm here for 10 more minutes if you need any more help.
Old 10-08-2001, 01:35 PM   #8
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

no apologies needed-its probably me being thick-

the location im at is above where u see the guy with the red cloth-part of the kidnapp quest-i havent disarmed any trapps-i have no thief anymore-yoshi and iomen are dead and buried-the door will not be forced open and im getting no messages up stating anything-

i feel it could be two things-one im at the wrong location and secondly my game is bugged-lots of bugs around chapter 4 when u enter bryndlaw-any suggestions
Old 10-08-2001, 01:40 PM   #9
Tuor
Elminster

You're in the right place. But the door is locked and trapped and cant be forced it sounds like you are going to have to boot one of your characters out, import or find a thief with high find traps and pick locks skills and then try it-Is Nalia still alive-go ger her, soup her up with potions of mastery thievery and perception and you should be able to get in the door. Look out for the trap though it'll kill you if you fail your save.

Alternatively try casting knock on it then having one of your expendible characters opening it (I'd save it first) I've not tried that it might work.

hope that helps mate, let me know how you get on-getting in first, then in the fight
Old 10-08-2001, 01:42 PM   #10
steve
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cheers buddy-nalia is still alive-ill go and get her