Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2001, 05:52 AM   #1
ReGiN

I have started a swashbuckler character who I wan't to dual-wield longsword with....

Any ideas on which to use?

Items from both ToB and SoA is okay...I plan to continue to ToB with him.

------------------

Old 10-06-2001, 08:40 AM   #2
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

One long sword you should get is the "blade of roses" its a +3 and does 2d4 damage like a bastard sword without the speed penalty. If you have the collectors edition the sword of balduran is a good choise, it's only a +2 but it gives you 10% more lore and magic resistance. But if you don't have the collector edition you should get the flame tounge, its a +1 normally, against regenerating monsters its a +2, against cold/fire monsters its a +3 and its a +4 against undead. in short use it against undead and fire elementals.
I can't tell you about what iteams you should take in ToB cause i don't have it yet. But it must be doing very well i couldn't find it anywhere in the city i live.
Old 10-06-2001, 09:46 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Longs swords are good for selling, try
flails, maces, warhammers, scimitars or
katanas.
Old 10-06-2001, 09:47 AM   #4
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The Dayblade is good too! You can find it hidden behind a secret door in the inn in the Gate District in Athkatla, it vaporizes undead and evil things with ease.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-06-2001, 09:48 AM   #5
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

oops I forgot AXES!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Longsword doesn't have as many standout you must use this swords in it but it is packed with tons of weapons that are useful for specific situations. Daystar and flametongue are wicked on undead. Blade of roses is a good all around weapon.
Blackrazor is fantastic although you get it at the end of the game.
The equalizer is alright but only when used in the right situations.
Dragonslayer is good on dragons and gives resistance to fear which is helpful when you know you may be facing fear attacks (I find many of the longswords special abilities to be great weapons to wield in the offhand for their resistances to certain things etc)

Really longsword is not the type of weapon you want to just chose 2 and wield those all the time.

As for ToB the sitation gets better for longsword users. Blackrazor is still useful in ToB but then you can also get angurvadal (and can later upgrade it).
Also the answerer in ToB is powerful.
Old 10-06-2001, 11:36 AM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I just got an idea, choose both Katanas and Longswords and then Dual-Wield "Daystar" or "Equalizer" and "Celestial Fury"

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.

"If Silence is golden, why does everyone talk so much?"
Old 10-08-2001, 09:52 AM   #8
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I really dont know, I never use long swords, I perfure bastaard swords. But a swashbuckler cant use those can he? I dont know....... ahh never mind.
Old 10-08-2001, 10:29 AM   #9
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

bastards and long sword are more found than all the others sword

( and shorts to )

so you dont have that mutch axes and war hammers

------------------
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats good
Old 10-08-2001, 12:47 PM   #10
Tuor
Elminster

If you're going to dual wield do it with weapons the thief can specialse in-long sword, dagger etc Don't waste your time with things like axes-leave them for your fighters. You may as well get the extra proficiency in the weapon you are using.

Oh and if you can dual class your swashbucler to a mage, its an awesome combo (just don't leave it too late)