Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-29-2001, 07:41 PM   #1
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well you see i got a evil party going, i got me (swashbuckler), korgan, viconia, edwin, and (the guy in tob, dont wanna spoil) when i get him to tob.

Now i did a exensive check, and all of the melee people left (i need a semi-meleer) will either get in a big fight and duel to death with my charcters, and the only one that wont (mazzy), well, i hate mazzy, and shes 'good' aligned, so i wont feel evil. SO im thinking my last choice is Cernd, and i need to know about him.
How good is his transforming ability? His druid spells? Is he worth it?
Tell me everything you know =D
Old 09-29-2001, 07:55 PM   #2
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, he does bring some good items with him, and he does get levels quicker than Jaheira, the only other druid, but he is a less capable fighter, so don't always think you can stick him in the middle of a fight, just sit back and blast with spells, also his shapeshifting abilities are preety cool.
(A lot better than Jaheira's)
Old 09-29-2001, 11:02 PM   #3
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

werewolf form isnt that bad... but than again I'm only in the beginning of the game . Hows the greater werewolf like? It says that its stats are:

21 STR
20 DEX
25 CON

so it doesn't seem that bad
Old 09-29-2001, 11:44 PM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Sorry to tell you this but as far as NPC's go Cernd is just to easy to kill
he only starts with 81=HP, Str=13, Dex=9, con=13, int=12,Wis=18, Cha=15
he is True Neutral but can only shape change once per day and it takes forever for him to gain levels.you would be better off with Jan Jansen the wimp
Dex-------------17----Wis----13
Con-------------9-----Cha----16
he can kick ass in a fight with his Duel-wielding
and he doesn't mind Evil NPC's at all nor do they mind him

------------------
The Blade Makes The Man
The Man Made The Blade
Death To All That Stand
In Their Way! BEWARE ALL!
Old 09-29-2001, 11:51 PM   #5
zNOVAz
The Magister

hes really good, he is worth it without the spells even. He just destroys everything in werewolf form and even more in the greater when you get it

------------------
Ned,, your so crazay
Old 09-29-2001, 11:52 PM   #6
Luther
Manshoon

Cernd's werewolf form is very decent. Can carve through most enemies provided he is fighting alongside a competant fighter (in your case Korgan, and 'the guy from TOB' ). Just so long as he isn't duking it out on his own he'll be fine.
However, have you ever considered taking along Haer Dalis? I've found him to be a very capable fighter (using offensive spin and haste) as well as spellcaster (with the melodic chain that you find in his planar prison quest he can wear armour and cast spells simultaneously, very nice). So despite what popular opinion of him might be (most people take him at face value it seems and don't use him long enough to appreciate his handy qualities) he is very good value. Plus his neutral alignment shouldn't conflict too much with your group.
Old 09-30-2001, 10:11 AM   #7
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My problem with Haer'Dalis is the one time i had him in group his horrible constitution cnacelled out all of his good stuff. He had like 40 something HP at level 11 (i think thats how far i got him) and his thaco was so bad he couldent hit one of those worthless thugs in the bridge district that atatcks you on street
Old 09-30-2001, 11:15 AM   #8
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Player Offender:
My problem with Haer'Dalis is the one time i had him in group his horrible constitution cnacelled out all of his good stuff. He had like 40 something HP at level 11 (i think thats how far i got him) and his thaco was so bad he couldent hit one of those worthless thugs in the bridge district that atatcks you on street
I agree 100% with you. Forget about taking a backstab with him,
he explodes on contact. Haer'Dalis is by far the weakest NPC
in the game. His only good point is his lore.
Old 09-30-2001, 12:43 PM   #9
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Player Offender:

I second that!

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 09-30-2001, 02:45 PM   #10
Barloc
Zhentarim Guard

Haer Dalis looks funny too