Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 03:00 PM   #1
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

If you want to be a good melee characted your should play as a half-orc barbarian. I usually play as a mage but I wanted to try something different and I'm pretty impressed with my lvl 16 barbarian. Shame about the armour restriction. No plate armour.

Stats

Strength 19 --> 18 with shield of balduran. 25 with rage and spell
Dexterity 18
Constitution 19
Intelligence 10
Wisdom 10 now 9.
Charisma 3

Thats without cheating and a few re-rolls on it.

Armed with:
Daystar
Dragon Slayer
Celestial Fury
Throwing axe that returns to me?

Shield of balduran and dragon shield.
Black dragon Scale.
Baldur's helm.
girdle with magic resistance?.
Cloak of sewers.
ring of regeneration.
Ring of ram
Boots of avoidance
Helm of something or other. looks like a skull from bonus merchants. Has simicrulim ability which is nice,

I will be getting the ring of gaxx sometime to replace the ram ring.

He currently has 174 hit points and I'm about halfway through the game. WIth TOB installed I should hopefully reach a very high level before I move on to TOB.

Anyone else got a good fighter and what kit have they got?.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:29 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well here it`s my opinion:

Class:
Bard
Kit:
Blade:he can be a heck of a fighter,he has some thiefing skills and he`s got spells for backup. O and when he gots UAI ablity he is a big mean killing machine.

Class:Fighter
Kit:Kensai:Sure they cannot use armor but they can be very deadly.With their Kai ability they do maximum damage.

Xen

Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
Zerephel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Half -Orc Barbarians are To over rated, i would take a Dwarven barbarian any day of the week over a lame half orc. jk about the lame part.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:34 PM   #4
Raistlin Majere
Ra

I rather liked my elven female Berserker who had stats like these

Str: 18
Dex: 19
Con: 17
Int: 12
Wis: 11
Cha: 13

She dual wielded in SoA the Dragon Slayer and Short Sword of Backstabbing/Arbanes Sword, depending on the circumstance. Her armor was Aegers hide until i bought Crimson Chain(i think). She wore Boots of Speed(naturally), ring of gaxx, cloak of sewers, ring of spell deflection, bracers of weapon skill, amulet of form stabilty, some Ioun Stone.
In ToB, she had Angurdval(or something alike) and short sword of the mask, Bracers of Extrodinary weapon specialization, ring of gaxx, ring of spell deflection, Asyrflynd Elven Chain(spelling propably wrong), cloak of sewers, amulet of cheetah speed, boots of speed, Wong Feins Ioun Stone.

Thats as i recall her now. I can tell you, she kicked some serious butt, and she kicked fast!.

I can only imagine the speed of an Archer with the amulet of cheetah speed, boots of speed and that bow that gives speed factor increase. wait a minute, im playing an archer right NOW! ill soon find out i guess, though my guess on his speed would be about the speed of a greased bolt of lighting.

BTW, the helm is Vhailor's Helm, the axe most likely Hangards Axe(the one from the sewers) and the girdle is propably the Girdle of Interial Barrier.

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:18 PM   #5
rhapsody407
Manshoon

my fav. fighter kit is the bezerker, he's pretty much a straight fighter, except for the bezerking. High life, AC of about -14 from after firkraag onwards, lots of items geared towards that class (ie potion of heroism, invulnerability, etc.) With the cloak of cheese, you're unstoppable by anything. I like longsword and sword and shield, for the dragonslayer LS you get in firkraag's lair, which makes all dragon fights that much easier.
rhapsody407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 05:48 PM   #6
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

I'd also vote for the beserker my dwarven beserker was a juggernaut of destruction pretty much unstopable at higher levels with all the great equipment I had picked up over the game.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:52 PM   #7
Brennihelvete

Bah, da monk will slap yer face, followed up by a fly kick or two. Overpowered and funny to watch.
Old 01-29-2003, 10:21 AM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zerephel:
Half -Orc Barbarians are To over rated, i would take a Dwarven barbarian any day of the week over a lame half orc. jk about the lame part.
Theoretically, Half-Orcs are better warriors than Dwarves. A Half-Orc can have 19 in both Strength and Constituion, while a Dwarf only can have it in Constitution.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 10:52 AM   #9
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
Theoretically, Half-Orcs are better warriors than Dwarves. A Half-Orc can have 19 in both Strength and Constituion, while a Dwarf only can have it in Constitution.
However, Half Orcs don't get no bonus whatsoever to their saving throws.
Any Dwarf (or Halfling) with CON >= 18 will get a +5 bonus to his saving throws vs. spells, death and wands.

Since increasing strength is so easy in BG2, and saving throws are so important, i would say being a Dwarf pays more. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 12:56 PM   #10
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
However, Half Orcs don't get no bonus whatsoever to their saving throws.
Any Dwarf (or Halfling) with CON >= 18 will get a +5 bonus to his saving throws vs. spells, death and wands.

Since increasing strength is so easy in BG2, and saving throws are so important, i would say being a Dwarf pays more. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Pays more, yes, but pure tank-wise, I still vote for the Half-Orc. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote