Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2002, 07:49 AM   #11
Fiend
Manshoon

UR all forgetting Daystar. and sunray.
Old 09-14-2002, 08:16 AM   #12
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Fiend:
UR all forgetting Daystar. and sunray.
Monks cant use Daystar, and I was concentrating on monks in my post. I was also remembering Magic Resistance, which Kangaxx has loads of.

Oh, and theres the Mace of Disruption as well, dont know if it effects Kangaxx though.
Old 09-14-2002, 11:41 AM   #13
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

andrewas, a few corrections if I may, and a bit of trivia for Fiend.

When you strike a target with a +3 enchanted weapon, and the target is immuned to +3 and lesser enchanted weapons, any side effects of the weapon is not activated.

Ergo, you cannot use the stun ability of the Celestial Fury on Demi-Liches, neither can Kitthix hurt the Demi-Lich with poison, as its weapon is only +1 enchanted if I recall correctly.

Monks can use Daystar, as it is a Long Sword, but it is useless anyway against a Demi-Lich, as its' enchantment level is only +2 at best. The +4 bonus that is written on its' item description is referring to a THACO bonus.

Demi-Liches are immuned to all spells from level 1-9, whether it be Priest spells or Mage spells. Therefore, Sunray will not work. Note that this does not mean you cannot use weapons created from spells such as Enchanted Weapon or Melf's Minute Meteors( +4 and +5 enchanted respectively).

Which leads to a question from me. Does Bolt of Glory work against Demi-Liches? I usually use Clerics to bop them on the head with the Mace of Disruption, but for the sake of completeness, I would like to find out.

Mace of Disruption works against Demi-Liches, and very well indeed. They usually die on the first hit.

There is a link in my signature where you may go to a webpage where I have listed all the weapons that I know will work against Demi-Liches. If I have left out anything, send me a Private Message about it and I will update the list.

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 11:45 AM   #14
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

The Ring of The Ram (from Togerias) can also take out a sizable portion of Kangaxx's hit points.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 12:28 PM   #15
daan
Silver Dragon

AFAIK no single lvl 6 or 7 spell worked against Kangaxx ...
My cleric/mage tried once .. dont remember if i tried that one too, but i guess so. Somebody even suggested that -raise dead- and such spells worked on him, never tried that, would be funny [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-14-2002, 12:35 PM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Erm... you need a portrait to use either Raise Dead or Resurrection. Ergo, that somebody was trying to pull your leg.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:56 PM   #17
SilverBear
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have always found that a combination of traps to kill his initial form, protection from magic scroll, Daystar and ring of the Ram and whatever else I have that is +4 works great. You just have to hit him hard and fast before he can get any of his spells off.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:12 PM   #18
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Urgh... I said it once, and I will say it again,
Quote:
Monks can use Daystar, as it is a Long Sword, but it is useless anyway against a Demi-Lich, as its' enchantment level is only +2 at best. The +4 bonus that is written on its' item description is referring to a THACO bonus.
Old 09-14-2002, 01:13 PM   #19
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

What are the +4 weapons available in SOA?. I've downloaded that extra merchants things so I have access to those weapons too.

Also how should I kit out this group

Me(Monk)
Keldorn
Jaherie
Anomen
Edwin
Jan

Warby

(oh, and I've never beat kangaxx demi-lich, he always got me in the end. The normal lich's are easy though)

[ 09-14-2002, 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Warby ]
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 01:20 PM   #20
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

[ACT]
*Sob!* My posts on this thread seem to be blatantly ignored! Waaaa!
[/ACT]

Warby... refer above to my first post, last paragraph... ...