Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-03-2002, 09:16 PM   #1
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I am currently playing a three person party, my Paladin, Viconia, and Imoen. I have been through the Underdark and am back in Amkathran. I went to the docks to talk to Aran Linvail, when up pops Jaheira, whom I kicked out a long time ago, pleading to be let back in my party. I let her back in, thinking, well, I'll save her from Baron Ployer and then kick her out again, when she starts talking like I just came out of Phare's bedroom. Now, she's Romance-talking ninety to nothing, every few minutes. Viconia hasn't deigned to notice her. I do not have the concurrent romances thingie. Has anyone else had this happen?
Old 09-03-2002, 10:48 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Sounds to me like one of the notorious Jahiera romance bugs. I have stuff like that happen to me all the time. I assume you have all the latest patches and such, or at least ToB, yes? Seeing as the city you're talking about is Athkatla but you said Amkathran, a city in ToB.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 06:37 AM   #3
Merlin Al'Thor
Drow Warrior

A three people party, cool. How could u survive though?
Old 09-04-2002, 06:53 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The same way as a soloist I suppose... carefully. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 08:46 AM   #5
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Actually smaller parties ain't that tough, you get more experience and cash to share out so your guys are more efficient.
See my site:

www.geocities.com/jw_ian/
Old 09-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin Al'Thor:
A three people party, cool. How could u survive though?
Oh, yeah, I've gone through with that exact same party, using Attalus' paladin so that I could Romance Viconia. I didn't pick up Jahiera, though, but she did, as you say, pop up the first time that I visited the docks. I just told her to go away. Attalus, you noob, it's Athkatla. BTW, Merlin, it's not hard at all, since Attalus' paladin is 34th level and is wielding Carsomyr +6, Imoen is wearing that enchanted elf armor that prevents normal weapons from harming her, and Viconia has Crom Fayer and Red Dragon Plate.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 09:16 AM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Attalus, you noob, it's Athkatla. BTW, Merlin, it's not hard at all, since Attalus' paladin is 34th level and is wielding Carsomyr +6, Imoen is wearing that enchanted elf armor that prevents normal weapons from harming her, and Viconia has Crom Fayer and Red Dragon Plate.
Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa, oh pink-armored one. You have to admit that they sound alike. But, yeah, my three-person party is ten times as powerful as the party we first went through with. Imoen could take Korgan, easy. In fact, I think I'll do that the next time we go to the Copper Coronet.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 10:08 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Carsomyr +5 you mean, unless you did the import trick.

ADD] Not to mention that that enchanted elven mail is only available in ToB. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 09-04-2002, 10:13 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 02:02 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Ah, yes, Dundee, it is indeed +6, and the elven mail doth repel all normal weapons. Plus, my pally is immune to weapons +1 or less. When I restart BG II, I just reimport my character, and it has the elvish armor, Crom Fayer, and a bunch of other stuff in its backpack. Saves time and money.
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote