Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-27-2001, 10:43 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Daaaamn after I screwed up in the game and went off to spellhold I just decided to erase the damn game....now I´m starting over!
Do any of ya guys have some good ideas on how to make a killer party...the only thing is that I need to be a fighter...I want Nalias keep!!
I also want a sorcerer but I´m open to ideas...the thing is that i do not really know about the chance for good weapons in the game....but I thought of a fighter duling axes or some other cool sh#t
please post some ideas...
Old 09-27-2001, 10:59 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Kensais, Beserkers, Wizard Slayers, Normal Fighters, Barbarians and Monks, all can get Nalia's Keep as their Stronghold. Take your pick.

I generally have 2 full-time fighters, one part-time tank and the other three are backrow casters/shooters. Your preference may vary.

Assuming you are playing as a good character and ignoring romance options... then we need to look at the options.

We have, for good characters...

Minsc, Anomen, Keldorn, Imoen, Nalia, Mazzy, Valgar, Aerie and that Bard.

For neutrals, we have...

Jaheira and Jan.

Now... I know Yoshimo is a Thief, and good-aligned to boot... but you do not get to keep him... so let us put in Jan.

Okay... who does Jan interact with? Minsc, Keldorn and Anomen suffer the worst from his ribs, and they are tank material. We want a Cleric, so Anomen seems to be a good choice. If you do not mind passing over Keldorn and his Holy Avenger, then I say go with Minsc, for the entertainment value.

Now... we want some Mages too. So far we have two slots empty. Imoen interaction with the party is noteworthy, and Aerie should be able to tide you over till you rescue Imoen. Also, Aerie will become Minsc's witch and is ribbed by Jan too.

Therefore... ...

You, fighter type
Anomen, cleric, support tank
Minsc, tank
Aerie, support caster/cleric
Imoen, main caster
Jan, thief, support caster

For a power-party though... ...

You, fighter type
Nalia, main caster
Jan, thief, support caster
Imoen, secondary caster
Keldorn, tank
Anomen, tank

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 11:11 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Actually I´m was thinking of creating all the players in the multiplayer option....I really hate the interaction between many of the NPCs
Old 09-27-2001, 11:29 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Oooo! I see.

Lemme think... hmmmm... this is taking ToB into consideration as well.

Okay, you want a Fighter dualled to Cleric. Dual at level 13, that way, you still get your maximum amount of Clerical spells and a sweet fighter to boot.

A Sorcerer, load him/her up with offensive spells. He/she is going to unleash Hell.

A Mage/Conjurer/Necromancer, to assist the Sorcerer and help get rid of enemy protection spells.

A Swashbuckler, your thief and secondary fighter.

A Cavalier/Undead Hunter/Inquistor, to wield the Holy Avenger.

You.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 09-27-2001, 01:28 PM   #5
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I'm gonna have to start again too but thats cause the game locks up when I enter the Underdark which is very irritating but its quite good in a way cause I missed alot of things before I went to aslyum. I'm gonna go good this time.

I would have personally

Me(Fighter)
Paladin(Cavalier)
Cleric(Lathandos)
Mage(normal)
Mage/thief
Ranger Archer

All of em good.
Old 09-27-2001, 03:17 PM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

thanx dundee....that was exactely the kind of advise I was looking for
Old 09-27-2001, 04:00 PM   #7
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

I would go half paladin half fighters ..that would be cool... no magicans... I wonder what that would be like? gotta try it
Old 09-27-2001, 06:24 PM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

The current party I am using (all 6 my own creations) is working very well for me. A bit more powerful than the conventional 1 class characters:

very small SPOILER inside of this description regarding a thief ability in TOB

-Monk
-Sorcerer
-Orc Berserker
-Ranger dual classed to cleric at start of game (can cast cleric AND druid spells
-Berserker dualed to thief at level 9 (I am second guessing this thinking I should have gone with kensai because of a TOB thief ability that can negate the armor penalties of a kensai)
-And finally a kensai dualed to a mage at level 12

The party is slow to get going since you have 1 cleric and he starts out at level 1. also you have only the sorcerer as a mage until your kensi duals.
BUT this party is insane because everyone except the sorcerer can walk right into melee and just TEAR it up. once the kensai/mage gets his kensai abilities back at level 13 the real insanity starts. He will have much better ac than a normal kensai due to his robes and spells. your monk will be very powerful by then as well.