Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
speedcat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've find a few magic item(etc ring) which has s specifics spell ( heal all) to use,But they all a limited charge. How i can recharge them after I've consumed them? Thanks!
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2002, 11:02 PM   #2
Merkin
Manshoon

Can't, AFAIK. Use them wisely, when they're gone, they're gone.
Old 01-19-2002, 12:50 AM   #3
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Not true, Merkin. There are ways to recharge items, but you cannot drain them completely. When you buy an item that has charges, it ALWAYS has more than one charge to it. Most of the time it is fully charged when you buy it. You can, however, sell an item with only one charge.

The trick is to use your item down to one charge, sell it to some merchant and then buy it back. I imported a party from Wiz 7 that had a couple of mana stones. I use them down to one charge each, sell them to Braffit for about 480 each and then buy them back for 520. When I buy them back they always have 3 charges. I use 2 charges, sell them and then buy them right back in the same turn and they have 3 charges again. So for 40 gold, I get 2 charges of recharge spells. Most of the time I recover anywhere from 180 to 220 spell points off of a recharge. It is about the same as a magic nectar for a lot less money.

I have used a Ring of Breezes the same way. Also a Ring of Sanity and a Fire Spear. (Antone recharged that one for me.)

Good Luck,

Knarfling
Old 01-19-2002, 01:09 AM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

yup! knarfling is correct!

however, i have been successful in selling "Burning Spears" with 0 charges to antone. i then buy them back fully charged. however, rather than coming back to me with 6 charges (as it was when i found it), they came back with only 5 charges!

that's the only item i have ever tried 0 charges with, and was very pleased to have him do it. it was a real godsend at the time, as it cost me very little, and it kept both the valks in our group happy.

V***V
Old 01-19-2002, 03:13 AM   #5
speedcat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you for help,all!
speedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2002, 08:26 AM   #6
Merkin
Manshoon

Ditto, that's good to know!