Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 01:27 PM   #1
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Anyone else plays or played Shadowrun? It would be kinda neat if Interplay could make a Bg style game with it...

You could chose to be a runner or a corporate.
Old 04-04-2001, 12:17 AM   #2
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

never heard of it my self but am bmping this for others.
Old 04-04-2001, 02:36 AM   #3
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Couldnīt agree more, a Shadowrun game would be great..
Yes I played from edition 2 rules and well bouht the 3:ed when FASA stopped itīs buisiness... *SOB*

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 04-04-2001, 04:40 AM   #4
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Yes another shadowrun game would be great,did anyone here play the orignal game on the SNES?

Don't worry Wolfgir FASA sold the rights of the Shadowrun to another company so hopefully the will be creating some new stuff soon. I can't remeber the name of the company but I know it was founded by one the Shadowrun designers.

[This message has been edited by Bleys (edited 04-04-2001).]
Old 04-04-2001, 05:10 AM   #5
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleys:
Yes another shadowrun game would be great,did anyone here play the orignal game on the SNES?

Don't worry Wolfgir FASA sold the rights of the Shadowrun to another company so hopefully the will be creating some new stuff soon. I can't remeber the name of the company but I know it was founded by one the shadowrun designers of Shadowrun.
Pewie.... Good, would hate to see one of the most brilliant games persih. I canīt help it but Shadowrun is a great game, fast quick and now with enough material to flesh out characters, the Pool system and even the automatic fire rules are good. Itīs easy but very fun!

I donīt have a SNES so well..
I would love to see a Roleplaying game like either BG2 or perhaps NVN in a shadowrun environment. Anyone here played Vampire, the masquerade redemption?
thatgame sucked cheese big time once in modern time.. The medieval times though were great, nice graphics and so, even playable with the last patch, but in modern time... Damn, it was a total killer of lust to play it further.

------------------

Old 04-04-2001, 06:33 AM   #6
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Pewie.... Good, would hate to see one of the most brilliant games persih. I canīt help it but Shadowrun is a great game, fast quick and now with enough material to flesh out characters, the Pool system and even the automatic fire rules are good. Itīs easy but very fun!

I donīt have a SNES so well..
I would love to see a Roleplaying game like either BG2 or perhaps NVN in a shadowrun environment. Anyone here played Vampire, the masquerade redemption?
thatgame sucked cheese big time once in modern time.. The medieval times though were great, nice graphics and so, even playable with the last patch, but in modern time... Damn, it was a total killer of lust to play it further.

I have always played shadowrun for the setting, I love the idea of a Dragon hosting a talkshow, Troll mages, Elven Bikers and Orc corporates ect.

As with a new Shadowrun game I would like somthing along the lines of Fallout Tactics, were you would control a team of runners on a mission, but with a better conversation system to cover your th legwork side, and some system to cover the Matrix.

As for Vampire, redemption
I played the demo and found it to be a rather bad Diablo Clone, and I hate what they meseed up all the powers.
Old 04-04-2001, 07:14 AM   #7
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleys:
I have always played shadowrun for the setting, I love the idea of a Dragon hosting a talkshow, Troll mages, Elven Bikers and Orc corporates ect.

As with a new Shadowrun game I would like somthing along the lines of Fallout Tactics, were you would control a team of runners on a mission, but with a better conversation system to cover your th legwork side, and some system to cover the Matrix.

As for Vampire, redemption
I played the demo and found it to be a rather bad Diablo Clone, and I hate what they meseed up all the powers.
Damn, you put the head on the top there dude! Fallout tactics in Shadowrun!! Man, that would rock the lamas ass! Great idea...

Wel Vampire was well, not what I had expected, not true to the tabletop as far as I have heard but i liked the storyline and Christof as character.. The engine was good with graphics but hell to play!!

------------------

Old 04-04-2001, 10:15 AM   #8
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I liked the Shadowrun on the snes but the Sega one was the best. Imagine a Shadowrun pc game where you would get more choices, mores races, more weapond and armor.

Chose your name: Alain Tarem
Chose your race: Dwarf
Chose your path: Normal Metahuman
Chose your carrer: Undercover Lone Star Officer

description:

As a Dwarf, you faced prejudice all your life and faced many injustices due to you race. It's seems the 5th age of magic has an endless supply of short jokes. Looking for a sence of pride in your life you found a recruitement add for Lone Star security and police services you quicly joined the academy. Even in the rank of the coporation you felt empty, your comarades even if polite are probebly telling short jokes in your back. Now as an undercover officer you haved learned of a new threath in the streets as a new unknowed drug is now killing off it's users. The son of a predominant city official has forced Lone Star in action. You are to investigate the streets to find this drug and find who is at it's head.

as a lone start you have the following benifits:

-If you are arrested, you will be released with all your legal and illigal equipement within 24 hours.
-You start the Game with a buletproof vest and a a Smith & westin service revolver
-all surfaces checks (made by most deckers) will show you as a ShadowRunner
-Free basic docwagon benifits

disadvateages:
-If you commit an unjustifiable homicide you lose all your benifits
-Your street rep cannot be above 3
-You must check with lone star every 2 weeks.
-Any attacks on other Corporations makes you loose Coporate Rep at twice the normal rate.
Old 04-04-2001, 10:36 AM   #9
WOLFGIR

Elven Combat Mage
Name: Tiras Nefleven
Race: Elf
Path: Magic user Hemetic path
Career: Freelancer and aspiring Paladin of Tier

Description
As an elf you have either transformed or been borned in elven country or as an outcast in a human family. Strongly atuned to the metamagics and mystries of the world, the magic path is obvious. Taking up the quest to become a Paladin in Tier you know roam the streests to hone your skills and prepair inthe sprawl for your toughest challenges..

As a combat mage you have following benefits:
You have friends in the council of Tier and might be given help when dealing withauthorities. You have stronger chance at succeding to cast spells from the combat sphere and resist their drain.
You start the game with following:
Armour Clothing mark2
H&K MP SMG
1 combatspell foci 1
1 Docwagon basic
3 months monitored "social life"

Disadvantages
May be followed by a Policlub if you get a high streetrep
You have to follow orders from Tier
May not kill an elf from Tier or your chances of becomming a Paladin is null,and your death is not far either.

------------------

Old 04-04-2001, 02:46 PM   #10
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Elven Combat Mage
Name: Tiras Nefleven
Race: Elf
Path: Magic user Hemetic path
Career: Freelancer and aspiring Paladin of Tier

Description
As an elf you have either transformed or been borned in elven country or as an outcast in a human family. Strongly atuned to the metamagics and mystries of the world, the magic path is obvious. Taking up the quest to become a Paladin in Tier you know roam the streests to hone your skills and prepair inthe sprawl for your toughest challenges..

As a combat mage you have following benefits:
You have friends in the council of Tier and might be given help when dealing withauthorities. You have stronger chance at succeding to cast spells from the combat sphere and resist their drain.
You start the game with following:
Armour Clothing mark2
H&K MP SMG
1 combatspell foci 1
1 Docwagon basic
3 months monitored "social life"

Disadvantages
May be followed by a Policlub if you get a high streetrep
You have to follow orders from Tier
May not kill an elf from Tier or your chances of becomming a Paladin is null,and your death is not far either.

LOL, we should write a shadowrun Novel, It would be an odd team the aspiring Elven Paladin and The coropate Dwarven Cop.

Commeon, Anyone else familiar with the Shadowrun series make up a profile to see what we get. who knows maybe some one will read this and make a game out of it or at the very least a good laugh