Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2001, 10:08 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Mmmm. Something tells me I won't find these at Tower Records! Are these considered "popular" music or am I way off?
Old 01-12-2001, 10:15 PM   #12
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I think theyre classical.. hehe HEY! I like Charlotte Church!!! As music for me, I listen particularly to anything except rap... I don't know why... but thats the way it is... Limp Bizkit, a good angst remover for you're life, in the Philippines, we have Sandwich, Ciudad, Greyhoundz, Chesse... btw, can you put in your MP3s in your BG game? Im getting pretty pissed off at the music already... I like Limp Bizkit music when mutilating someone you know!
Old 01-12-2001, 10:25 PM   #13
Azuth

They well known over here, but their not cassical, Ladysmith aren't that well know. jimmy mostly does country and did some songs on Evita, and Space and Catationa are well... i'm not sure, but there are some sites out there for them.

Old 01-12-2001, 10:31 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Bahamut, I don't know about the MP3 thing, but I have my stereo surrounding my computer and have killed a few BGII beasties to "Rollin"! Brings out the fighter in you!
Old 01-12-2001, 10:47 PM   #15
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

To explain the whole situation ladyzekke, here it is:

I like the voices of the NPCs. They are well developed and recorded, blahblah... I want to hear their battle cries and stuff...

What I usually do is open up my MP3 player (namely Winamp) before I play the game. the prob, now the in-game music is gone coz of some the sound output or something is already being used by the Winamp. AHH!!! But what the heck!!! Lets just kick some ass!!! But if you guys can help me, please do so!

Move in move out
hands up or hands down
back-up back-up
tell me what you wanna do now
breathe in breathe out
hands up or hands down
back-up back-up
tell me what you wanna do
keep rollin rollin rollin.... you get the picture : )
Old 01-13-2001, 01:02 AM   #16
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

my recent playlists include ( in no particular order)
jimi hendrix box set
new paul simon
dido
Any and all jazz(particularly coltrane and t-monk)
snake river conspiracy
ben harper and the innocent criminals
fugazi
pearl jam
beastie boys
public enemy
chopin
I actually work at a music store. Im the assistant manager. I love music and buy alot(understatement).

Im a songwriting vocalist/mc first and foremost with roots in writing poetry. I also play drums and percussion of any kind, bass guitar, and the flute. I write for all kinds of music, though lately political driven raps and sweet jazzy love songs have been filling my journals( an essay in duality).
Old 01-13-2001, 03:22 AM   #17
bocaj

wow Yorick you really like to listen to music. that is a lot for "only name a few"
Arak, you play bass, guitar and saxomaphone. wow that is a lot and I love those instruments.
I also love the piano and you are right you can play anything on it Moiraine (even though I can't)
omegadawn, you must really like music to play all those instruments and still work.
As for your jazzy taste may I suggest some Marcus Miller, he plays really good jazz bass.

hmm I just looked up and I haven't put down my answers to my own questions so:
1.anything but techno and pop and I mean anything I have at least 80 cds
2.yes
3.bass but I will learn many more.

Old 01-13-2001, 04:28 AM   #18
Migosh

Any beatless abstract soundscapes, Lustmord , Robert Rich.. Bit of Brian Eno's ambient.
Freeform elecronica, minimal and IDM like Autechre, Aphex Twin, FSOL to name the more popular..

I don't know about instruments but I enjoy creating sounds ive never heard before with my synth and computer.

Old 01-13-2001, 04:33 AM   #19
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Hmm,

I usually like to listen to house / dance type stuff while gaming. Also like classical but the girlfriend hates it so that's out. (she likes "Steps", 'nuff said).
Old 01-13-2001, 11:52 AM   #20
_max_RUSSKIE

Hey Azuth! Madness is neat!!

I apreciate evreyone's music here apart from any Rap, House, Techno, Pop or other assorted garbage

For Roleplaying games get some

"Epic Fantasy Metal" ---Very heroic bands like Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Hammerfall, Bolt Thrower etc etc

For normal life, anything from Cannibal Corpse to Slayer

Check this out, dont tell me this aint fantasy!