Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-01-2001, 06:26 AM   #81
Epona
Zartan

Glad I understood you correctly.

I don't know about people understanding me better though - I'm just an old windbag who talks too much - I like your more 'poetic' style of posting! Easy to read and you usually say a lot in just a few words.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 04-01-2001, 06:36 AM   #82
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Glad I understood you correctly.

I don't know about people understanding me better though - I'm just an old windbag who talks too much - I like your more 'poetic' style of posting! Easy to read and you usually say a lot in just a few words.

hehe
I only wish Yorick would see that

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-01-2001, 07:09 AM   #83
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmmm... ive read the debate i just pretty much agree with Ricky boy here.. ... ill take his stand

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-01-2001, 07:37 AM   #84
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:

hehe
I only wish Yorick would see that

Never did I say
I didn't like it
Imitation is
after all
the highest form of
flattery

Old 04-01-2001, 07:43 AM   #85
Dublin Grocer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi Yorick. If you're still there I believe Donut is drinking in the Moon's Inn at the moment.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:04 AM   #86
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Never did I say
I didn't like it
Imitation is
after all
the highest form of
flattery

But You do it Wrohong

------------------

All Hail the Seventh house Sorcerer
Master Magician of Necromancy
Prince Rikard T'Aranaxz of Natri'x
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF
Ramanish of Neathan'Calith
High Priest and son of the Eternal Phoenix
Shadowlord of the Silver Shield
Baron of Yusliks
Duke of Gerdran
Duke of Tralixz
Lord and General of the Army of the West

AND!!!
Laughing Hyena!!!

Old 04-01-2001, 08:38 AM   #87
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Dublin Grocer:
Hi Yorick. If you're still there I believe Donut is drinking in the Moon's Inn at the moment.

Surely not...
Old 04-01-2001, 08:52 AM   #88
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

And so it is. Silly me
Old 04-01-2001, 09:18 AM   #89
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Sorry for my late arrival to this debate, I know it's way down page 1 now, but I just gotta stick my oar in!

It seems to me that there are 4 types of 'I'm leaving' post (this is obviously just my opinion, not an official sociological grouping or anything ).

1. 'I'm moving house' or 'I'm going into hospital' or 'someone close to me is sick' - that kind of thing. Stuff we want to know about people we care for and chat to regularly - we would wonder where they had gone and miss them.

2. Misunderstandings between people on the board, or comments taken the wrong way. I want to see posts about this sort of thing, because usually they can be sorted out. Because you can't see people face to face you have no idea of facial expression, body language, cannot tell if someone is laughing, crying or angry, that sort of thing. These can usually be resolved, but could not be ironed out if the issues were not raised, so I am in favour of people posting about difficulties they have had on the board.

3. 'I'm depressed' type posts that sometimes people feel down and therefore post that they will leave. Again, I see this as a symptom of depression, not as attention seeking in any way, and this is IMHO a good place for talking out problems if something bad has happened, you can get a different perspective on things. It is much easier to get a clear perspective on your problems from people you have never met. So I am also in favour of this type of post, as it can help people through their problems, and also because we do care about the people we talk to here on a daily basis. We want to try and help if our friends feel down.

4. 'Not enough replies to my posts' or 'everyone disagrees with me' so I'm leaving posts. I think people that post these are upset because they are not the most replied-to or agreed-with person on the board. They have to understand that it is not a popularity contest, that most people can't be here all the time and that it's OK to disagree. I don't think that makes them bad people, although I would rather not see posts like these. Having said that, I have not seen that many posts like this (although there was a 'hypocrites' thread recently which annoyed me a bit).

So 3 out of 4 of these groups are fine by me. I think the 4th group is largely caused by insecurity, low self esteem and in some cases slight immaturity (and I'm referring here to outlook on life, not age!).

Sorry about this long post folks! Rikard, from how I read your post I think this is pretty much agreeing with what you mean?? This is just IMHO anyway!!

**bilqis breaks out into wild applause because she is so impressed with Epona's post**
Thank You so much Epona ... and Rikard for starting the discussion. I agree I agree I agree! Did I say I agree?
Epona, you said exactly what I've tried to say in my fumbling way in other threads. This could almost be posted in the forum rules.

Very good. My humble opinion agrees with yours anyway.

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.
(member of the
Moon's Hope Inn
Ladies Guild)
Old 05-02-2001, 07:41 PM   #90
Rikard

Just bumping this for shadowstrider to see

------------------

The Githyanki Necromancer - High Magician of the Holy Flame