Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-27-2001, 05:51 PM   #1
Nostron
Manshoon

hey guys, i know u guys to play role playing games and stuff. But i was just wondering what other types of games do guys play.

I myself play a little "Starcraft" and "Warcraft" on the side.

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I seem to spend most of my waking time playing PC games - RPGs, strategy, management, that type of thing. At the moment, when I'm not playing BGII or IWD I play:

Master of Olympus
Pharaoh
Age of Empires (I and II)
Civilisation II (Test of Time)
Alpha Centauri
Railroad Tycoon
The Sims

I will also get Black & White when I upgrade to a superPC that might stand a chance of running it.
The latest Monkey Island game is also on my wishlist.
One thing I find about most of the games I like is that they seem to have unlimited replayability - I guess I like to get value for money!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.
Old 03-27-2001, 06:01 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I played a lot of Civ2 Test of Time before I finally got a CRPG to work( IWD), I need a new game. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2001, 06:04 PM   #4
Nostron
Manshoon

Well if you want strategy play "Starcraft" cuz i heard the sequel i on the way. but if you want Gabriel knight 2 is pretty good.
Old 03-27-2001, 10:30 PM   #5
Jimbo
The Magister

I usually play Asheron's Call now. Used to play Ulitma Online, and Everquest, but canned them. I still love to play Tribes (can't wait till April its clobberin' time! ), now if I can only go and convince the phone company they need to upgrade the routers here so I can get a DSL line (I live 1/4 of a mile from a relay station--a big one, and the phone companys say the feeds(?) are not capable of handling it...I could risk it and have earthlink put in a DSL but what is the chance it would work). Age's of Empire II is great, and thats about it now. Narrowed down the system to AC, BGII, Tribes, and AoEII, and saving room for Tribes 2! I plan on hittin' the local game center and playing on there T1 just for fun sometimes.

All time favorites:
Curse of the Azure Bonds from SSI and Wizardworks
The first 2 Monkey Island's
Wing Commander

Games I want to see made:
A good first person shooter that is team based with total intergration of land, sea, and air forces.
A good Mass Multi Player On-line Role Playing Game that is TURN based and has good and meaningful pvp combat (hell, I'll take the same game if it's non-pvp and ain't a freaking test of time{setting on your butt watchin' a spawn point for something you need sucks..}).
A dream--a fps that is based on skill not connection time.
A cowboy game.
A game based on Battle Star Galatica where you could play the Human or Cylons
Games sort of based on history, playing Pirates actually made me want to read up on how much of a bad arse Capt Morgan and Francis Drake were (side note--we need some smiles waving flags hehe would be good to see one with all the flags)

Oh well enough ramblin and off we go!

------------------
Drink and be merry
Jimbo
"Renegade, Rebel, and Rogue"
Old 03-27-2001, 10:42 PM   #6
Strahd Von Zarovich
Drow Warrior

I play alot of rpg's like Bg2, Fallout 2, Planescape Torment
I also like The Sims, Sid's Civilivation, Sid's Colonistaion

I used to Have duke nuke,em 3d

I also play Shareweares like Crime Fighter, Drug War.