Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 09:39 PM   #31
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Stop it! Stop it, you guys!

I've just settled my party composition for the next few quests, and left Nalia at the basement of Jan's house. Now you've forced me to rethink my decision!!

Drop Nalia - she's annoying. But wait! she has 17 INT, second only to Edwin, and my party is good aligned. Get Jan, dump Yoshi, Jan is a better thief especially with his gear. But Jan can't be a pack rat - he has only 9 STR! But he can be a useful mage too, in addition to being a thief. But Yoshi can set those special snares. But I don't use snares much anyway! And I need to have a slot ready for all those other NPCs I've yet to meet! Keldorn - they say he's cool! And Valygar - they say he's cool! And Crend, and Haer'Dalis, and...

Oooohhhh... I think I'll go and lay down for a while. My head hurts.

------------------
"Butt-kicking for goodness!" - Minsc
"Cities always teem with evil and decay. Let's give it a good shake and SEE WHAT FALLS OUT!!" - Minsc
Old 05-24-2001, 09:41 PM   #32
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Stop it! Stop it, you guys!

I've just settled my party composition for the next few quests, and left Nalia at the basement of Jan's house. Now you've forced me to rethink my decision!!

Drop Nalia - she's annoying. But wait! she has 17 INT, second only to Edwin, and my party is good aligned. Get Jan, dump Yoshi, Jan is a better thief especially with his gear. But Jan can't be a pack rat - he has only 9 STR! But he can be a useful mage too, in addition to being a thief. But Yoshi can set those special snares. But I don't use snares much anyway! And I need to have a slot ready for all those other NPCs I've yet to meet! Keldorn - they say he's cool! And Valygar - they say he's cool! And Crend, and Haer'Dalis, and...

Oooohhhh... I think I'll go and lay down for a while. My head hurts.

I suppose I am being held partially responsible for this.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-24-2001, 10:43 PM   #33
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Other than her incessant whining Nalia is a good NPC to have. Shoots a good bow, good spells, and as someone once said (cant remember who to give credit to) she looks like Drew Barrymore on heroin. Cant beat that eh?
Old 05-24-2001, 10:45 PM   #34
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Other than her incessant whining Nalia is a good NPC to have. Shoots a good bow, good spells, and as someone once said (cant remember who to give credit to) she looks like Drew Barrymore on heroin. Cant beat that eh?
I think it is Memnoch!!
*runs and hides*

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 09:24 AM   #35
DonkeyWan
Drow Warrior

separate topic, whats valgyar like?
Old 05-25-2001, 09:42 AM   #36
Barbucha
Dungeon Master

I thing Nalia is good mage.
Sometime she has idle talk.

------------------

Barbucha - a bear's bugaboo

[This message has been edited by Barbucha (edited 05-25-2001).]
Old 05-25-2001, 09:44 AM   #37
Simon
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
He's OK, I like his sword but not enuff special abilities, I prefer the big paladin guy although his brand of righteousness can be even more irritating than Nalia. No I take that back Nalia is supremely annoying, always whinging about the poor. Hmmm maybe I wasnt cut out for this good party lark, are there any major downsides to playing an evil party?

------------------
Grrrrrrrrr!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 12:49 PM   #38
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
He's OK, I like his sword but not enuff special abilities, I prefer the big paladin guy although his brand of righteousness can be even more irritating than Nalia. No I take that back Nalia is supremely annoying, always whinging about the poor. Hmmm maybe I wasnt cut out for this good party lark, are there any major downsides to playing an evil party?
Downside to play evil? Why yes it seems the game reward less if you take the evil paths of certain quests, and there is the chance for your rep to drop (making ppl hate you and sell stuff to you at higher prices). But the satisfaction of doing evil and the hostile NPC dialogues makes up for it!!

As for Valygar, I think he is ok. The down side is that he is a stalker, meaning no heavy protective armor for him. Duel wield him with katanas to get the most out of him.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 01:00 PM   #39
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by DonkeyWan:
Valy is great IMO

Has one of the funnyest diolaougs with Jan (just cant keep off of him can i?)

And he is quite good with his sword and the Celestial Fury. Had 3rd most kills in my party,Behind me,and i was behind minsc.