Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-28-2001, 03:11 PM   #11
Draconia

I have several animals. I have two cats. Max is the newest addition to our family. He is a really big Tabby cat. I just got him declawed. He is great with my kids. My 11 month old daughter loves him to pieces. She likes to put her arm around him and lay her head on his stomach. She tends to pull his ears but he doesn't do anything to her, he just sits there and takes it. I got him declawed because my daughter likes to take a feather and swing it back and forth. He plays with the feather but he scratches her. He never goes outside. He doesn't like to be left alone at all. He sits at my feet whenever I am at the computer and he follows me around the house.
I have had my other cat for 3 yrs. She was a Christmas present. I had named her Sorcha but my husband renamed her when she had got pregnant twice in 3 months. He named her Mama Cat and some other names that I won't mention. She is fixed now. She spends most of her time outside. She is really skittish and only likes my oldest son and my husband. I think she is mad at me for getting another cat.
I also have 2 dogs. Winchester is my chocolate Lab. He is papered and huge. His papered name is Corina's Winchester Hunter. (My husband's idea) He is great with the kids. Right now he is still really hyper so sometimes he does knock over the kids. He feels bad when he does and goes over and licks their faces. The other dog is my husband's dog. His name is Wylie and I call him Whiney. He is Red Bone Hound and some other hound mix. He whines and bays alot. He is annoying but a sweetie. He loves it when the kids are outside. He is really careful around them. He is a really neat color, I think it is called brindle. I am not sure. He is also a big dog, bigger than Winchester. Both dogs stay outside. They don't like to be inside at all. We have tried to get them inside but I think because of the cats, they won't come in.
I also have a horse and a mule. The horse is 16 yrs old, his name is Little Horse. He is a mustang that my husband bought for $100. My husband broke him. He doesn't let many people ride him. He is a grouch. He loves attention and when you don't give it to him when he wants it, then he will turn his head away from you. He has alot of character. He is good with the kids. He doesn't mind them riding him. He always behaves himself around kids. My mule's name is Cricket. She is about 4 yrs old. We are not sure because the people we bought her from didn't know exactly how old she was. She is great. I love to ride her. She is wonderful with the kids. My 4 yr old son can go into the corral and she won't move. He can climb on her and she won't move. She waits until she knows that he is out of the corral. She is very gentle and kind.
Someday I plan on getting a minature goat. I don't know why, but I think they are soooo cute and I want one. I might have to buy a farm with all of the animals we want.
I hope that you enjoyed reading about all of the animals we have and I didn't bore all of you.

------------------

Draconia, Dragon Queen
Old 03-28-2001, 03:18 PM   #12
Melusine
Dracolisk

Epona: LMAO!!!
Actually my tiny little grey rabbit would growl and squeal a lot to, and bite you, but we found out you just had to learn to handle it....
One time she got really ill and was shaking all over, then was the first time I could actually pick it up...
I wrpped her in a blanket and rubbed her until she was warmer as she had gone all could and stiff. Then we went to the vet and he said I'd saved her life by doing that. Since then she is a real attention-addict, she needs to be hugged and petted all the time
I love animals too!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the OHF and the LH

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 03-28-2001, 03:19 PM   #13
Epona
Zartan

Draconia - I certainly love hearing about people's animals, not boring at all!

You have a real big selection of pets there! I used to be really in to horses, but I had a couple of accidents and gave up. I still love them though, you are lucky to have one, and a mule too!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas.