Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 02-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
Mervian
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool Dude

Ch2 I understood I was supposed to CURE 3 werewolves... but the first I met attacked me and I really had no option but to kill him [this produced a ring and freed his spirit?] - that's a strange way of curing indeed...

I wonder if I was supposed to do something else. After all, I did receive four charms - are they needed at all?? I got some belladona and the four charms but I did not find any silver arrows... or silver bullets for that matter (the guy selling anti-werewolf stuff was of little use really.) Am I missing something? The game goes on fine till now - I'd hate it to make some blunder and have to come back later... (this is first time through)

[ 02-15-2005, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Mervian ]
Mervian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
The problem with encounters like that is that they're supposed to yield near the end of the battle, when they go below a certain amount of hit points.. If you have someone dealing huge amounts of damage, you might have killed them before they had a chance to start talking. I had this problem when I used Daelan as a henchman. I would actually call him off near the end of battles like that so as to not kill someone I intended to spare.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Darkman

It's kind of up to you whether or not you want to spare the werewolves by curing them. Either way will complete the quest, but how you do is not necessarily important besides the roleplaying aspect of it. Anyway, the werewolves quest is a side quest and is not required in order to get into Luskan.

But the above post had some good suggestions on how to handle similar situations. If you think you might want to spare someone or get some information out of them before offing them, then use moderate attacks only in order to avoid killing them so suddenly that you miss their dialogue.