Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Mods for IWD...?

Does anyone know of a website that contains mods for Icewind Dale I and II? If there are sites out there that hold mods, what are they, and how do I install them so I can use my in-game characters in said mods? Thanks!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #2
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Mods for IWD...?

Gibberlings3 come to mind:
The Gibberlings Three Forums
Then there is Pocket Plane Group.
Apparently IWD2 is tough to mod, not as easy as Baldurs Gate 2. I had a go at patching Icewind Gate 2, it was hard going.
Icewind Gate 2 plays BG2 on the IWD2 game engine. See my topic in the BG2 part of the Bioware Social forum. Then there is the IWD2 part of the Boards of Magic forums:
Icewind Gate - Delta version

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 09-15-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
Gavindale
The Magister

I don't mean to annoy, but I'm a little confused with your reply. Patches are great, they fix all the problems in the game and such, and I appreciate your suggestions, but I am also looking for mods. I am looking for both patches (fixing the known problems for said games) and mods (downloadable scenarios for me to play in with the characters I used to I complete the games I mentioned before (IWD 1 and 2, BG 1 and 2). Again, I don’t mean to annoy or frustrate, I’m kinda new at this and any help along with patience is appreciated. Thanks!
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Shadow Stranger

If you want mods you may need to try Baldurs Gate 2. Icewind Dale games seem to have very few of anything like that. Modders gave those games a wide berth?.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

See this thread... http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/...d.php?t=102270 .

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote