Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-24-2002, 12:39 AM   #1
Gastr0
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILERS to follow...(Rapax and Swamp)

Getting close to the end but thinking of other ways people have been playing through...two questons.

1) Has anyone used an all-female party and been successful with the Rapax Templar quests? Seems Al-Sedexus will only consort with a strapping lad. So much for that theory of demon bisexuality, I guess.

2) Has anybody successfully solo'd through the Idol/Crock part of the game? Is it even possible.

Gastro
Gastr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 12:47 AM   #2
Ridgid
Dungeon Master

I belive the latest patch deals with the all female party problem wiht Al-Sexus.

The Solo thing I haven't a clue.. that would be funny tho.. your 1 player goes missing and you can't save them.. haha thats funny
Ridgid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 01:03 AM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Friend of mine ran an all-fem party and had no trouble becoming a Templar. That was with original V1.0 and Ascension Peak patch only. I recall seeing elsewhere that you must not have any male NPC's in the group for that to work. Male NPC's can't do the ritual, but having one in the group will mess things up for the women.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:10 AM   #4
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

quote:
Originally posted by Gastr0:
SPOILERS to follow...(Rapax and Swamp)

2) Has anybody successfully solo'd through the Idol/Crock part of the game? Is it even possible.

If everything else fails, you could kill Croc *before* taking the idol, that should avoid the Kidnapping.
Old 01-24-2002, 02:23 PM   #5
analander
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I played a solo female (faerie ninja, of course) with no NPCs. Croc was alive when I took the Idol and nobody was kidnapped. I was able to select my player as a sacrifice for Templar initiation, and later ran into the offspring that she somehow produced with Al-Sedexus.
analander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:08 PM   #6
Elara
The Magister

hmmm, analander, am wondering .. I had thought my solo ninja would be kidnapped, so I portalled Vi to the Idol spot before picking it up. Sure enough, the little faerie was kidnapped and Vi at level 6 was put to the task of taking out Brekek, not to mention traversing the swamp. Aaaiiieeee!! She made it but barely. But my wonder is, if I hadn't had Vi there, maybe the kidnapping wouldn't have taken place at all! LOL !

Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 12:50 AM   #7
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

I tried it a couple times, always got kidnapped with a solo character (hence ending the game). If you choose to go the "RPC" route, note that the character taken is random. If your PC gets taken, reload until the RPC gets taken instead.

Otherwise, killing Croc is your only solution (unless they changed this in one of the patches).

O.R.
ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote