Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2005, 07:51 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

Mad

I love these awards, held the day before the Oscars. For those of you who don't know about the Razzies, they are the awards for the worst movies of the year. They give out a gold-spraypainted award that costs like $3.50 US to make, and of course the stars never show up at the ceremony (with the notable exception of Tom Green for Freddy Got Fingered). The list of nominees is here. What do you think about this list? Any you would add or take off? Since it is their 25th anniversary, they have some "worst of" categories they are giving out, too.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Take off Stallone
Why? Rocky, Lords of Flatbrush, Cliffhanger, Copland, all were good movies, and Rocky I was sheer genius. In addition, Rocky IV, nominated on that site for worst director/actor wasn't nearly as bad as people say it was.

[ 02-25-2005, 07:59 PM: Message edited by: Sir Degrader ]
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Yes it was that bad - it really really was.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
Sigmar
Unicorn

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Yes it was that bad - it really really was.
It wasn't that it was bad as such...

It's just that they couldn't have made it even more hammier if the film were about the fantabulous adventures of "Hammy the ham-eating pig".

The speech at the end is especially bad...God...

Anyway, give Stallone some credit, he isn't that bad.

Now Steven Seagal...God...he and his movies are a special type of crap.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

If you notice, part of their criteria in choosing what is bad is a matter of scale. The reason Steven Seagal doesn't make the lists is because he does B-grade action movies that no one expects to have high quality acting, great scripts, lots of potential, etc. However, the reason Stallone makes their list is because he is still a Big Name Draw, an actor that can draw people to a movie on name alone. That's the reason that Catwoman and Alexander have the highest number of nominations. Catwoman has Halle Berry (Oscar winner plus name draw) and Sharon Stone (not as big a draw anymore, but still up there a ways), so you would expect it to be at least mediocre (it wasn't, not by a long shot). Alexander has a strong cast, and an ordinarily strong director in Oliver Stone. It was the kind of movie that you would expect to be at least decent, so when it tanked it got 6 nominations. That's why movies like Seed of Chucky didn't make the list; they just don't have that "hype factor" to have such a big drop to get their notice.

Oh, and about Stallone, I have one word to end the discussion on that: Rhinestone. That is by far one of the worst movies I've ever seen, and Stallone is horrible (as are Dolly Parton, the script writers, and the director). I agree the first (and grudgingly admit the second) Rocky movies were good. The third and fifth were mediocre, and the fourth was a "studio piece" (the suits at the studio pretty much controlled that piece of "rah rah American" garbage that came out). Oh, and did I mention Rambo III?
How about Driven?
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Yeah, but "Over the Top" and "Stop: Or my mom will shoot" salvages whatever messes he might have made.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:46 AM   #7
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I love the Razzies because, IMO, they are more honest than the actual Oscars (by the way, do you know anyone who watches the Oscars??? I don't).

The only major exception I take with them this year is their choice of Bush, Rice, and Rumsfeld as worse couples. No, I am not being political, I am being logical. Farenhite 9/11 was so full of half-truths, down right lies, "creative" editing, etc., that this so called documentry was little more than a vehicle for Moore's pathological angst as wellas a means for him to line his pockets.

Look at it this way, the others that are nominated chose to do those movies, Bush, et. al. were edited here and there. I think the Razzie people are letting *their* political side show.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #8
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
If you notice, part of their criteria in choosing what is bad is a matter of scale. The reason Steven Seagal doesn't make the lists is because he does B-grade action movies that no one expects to have high quality acting, great scripts, lots of potential, etc. However, the reason Stallone makes their list is because he is still a Big Name Draw, an actor that can draw people to a movie on name alone. That's the reason that Catwoman and Alexander have the highest number of nominations. Catwoman has Halle Berry (Oscar winner plus name draw) and Sharon Stone (not as big a draw anymore, but still up there a ways), so you would expect it to be at least mediocre (it wasn't, not by a long shot). Alexander has a strong cast, and an ordinarily strong director in Oliver Stone. It was the kind of movie that you would expect to be at least decent, so when it tanked it got 6 nominations. That's why movies like Seed of Chucky didn't make the list; they just don't have that "hype factor" to have such a big drop to get their notice.
Thanks for clearing that up.

I actually enjoyed Rambo III...

But Driven, Stop: Or my mom will shoot and...there's a special place in my heart for this film "Over The top" are truly amongst the worst films I've ever seen. So you may have a point.

Sir Degrader, sometimes its hard to tell whether you're being serious
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Hehe, George Bush for worst Actor.... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 05:23 PM   #10
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

I know there not saying dodge ball was a bad movie.