Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2000, 12:03 AM   #1
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, I just got the lamp from the two-headed Cyclops. It seems as though I can invoke it once per character. I haven't tried out all the options. "Abilities" seems to raise each ability (strength, agility, etc) by one. What do the other ones (power, armor, weapon, etc) do? Does anyone have any opinions as to which wish I should ask for? Would that depend on the character, or is one wish best for each? Thanks...
Dr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 01:06 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well that's really difficult to answer. What is most important to your group? Does it help them more to raise their stats or would a nice bit of equipment do them good? Try saving your game and just check out the other wish options. If you like what you get, keep it. If not, restore and try another.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 01:50 PM   #3
Lily the Ranger

I went for abilities . . . I tried weapon and got a sword when the character making the wish didn't even have a sword skill.
Old 12-21-2000, 07:19 PM   #4
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Okay, I've tried all the options, and the only one that isn't really self-explanatory is the "Power" choice. By selecting this, the character receives the "Arm Of Argus" trait. What the heck is that? Does it do me any good? Unless this is useful, I was figuring I'd take "Ability" for everybody, except maybe one guy getting the "Weapon" -- that's mighty good sword that he gives you! Any comments?
Dr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2000, 02:44 AM   #5
Elara
The Magister

Arm of Argus should increase how much damage is inflicted on an opponent when a successful strike is made with a hand weapon.
E
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2000, 03:06 AM   #6
pigment

i got 3 wishes only (NOT once per Character) and i recommand to take the Wand (very good armor for priests and wizards)and Arm of Argus.
Because sword and armor is for warriors only and you can find other ęxtraordinary weapons and Stuff for them. You can raise your abilities (but with ankhs also), maybe it's more efficient to take 25 hitpoints for one of your very weak wizards.