Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Nerull
Lord Ao

I had the same damn problem with KOTOR 1 that I am having with KOTOR 2 now. I would start the game, get through character creation, and then watch the first movie. Suddenly, the game crashes, right before you get to the "play" part. Every time. To get KOTOR 1 to work, I had to disable shadows and grass, and it ran fine. This time, it doesn't work. I updated my video and sound drivers, and did all of the steps suggested on both my driver sites and the KOTOR official site. Still nothing. I have an integrated video and sound card (which I know that the first KOTOR didn't like, but I was able to get to work by disabling certain things), which I know is not compatable. Any suggestions on getting this game to work?
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:37 PM   #2
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

It's possible that the integrated graphics solution just isn't upto the task unfortunately.

The only thing to do about it would be to pop out and buy a semi-decent AGP graphics card.
Dace De'Briago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:57 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

I was afraid you would say that. I guess I'll look into a graphics card (I have one on my spare computer, but it is nowhere near as good as the integrated one on my current computer).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote