Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-19-2001, 08:34 PM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hey LadyZ, nice to see you too!
Well I finished painting about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I am even moved already!!!
Everything's ready for me to move into my brand-new-place-of-my-very-own except for some random boxes that I still need to clear out. I'm sooo happy!
The last few bits are actually lasting the longest, mostly due to my extreme tiredness which I referred to in Bruce the Aussie's M.E. thread (damn that crash, I wanted to check that thread to see if anyone else had given some advice, well I'm seeing a GP anyway next week, because I really am unbelievably tired! Tonight I slept from 11 in the evening to 11 in the morning, and still I fell asleep again while reading a book and slept from 13h to 16.30!!!)

blah blah blah, whoops Melusine off on ramble again...

Melusine: Casts Silence: Melusine
Melusine: Silenced
Old 02-19-2001, 09:12 PM   #12
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Melusine - We, too, are in the process of buying a place. Still looking but we need to pick something fast before our lease is up! I hope I can find a place like you that I am happy with and then we can finally have something we can actually call "our own." I have visions of being able to paint a room ANYWAY I want. I've got a few ideas, and they all include scenic wall paintings!! I saw a show on TV where people were painting a wall light blue, then taking white paint on a tissue or some such, and dabbing it on and blending it in, and the end result was a very realistic looking sky! Hey, I love to paint so anyplace we end up owning is going to be in for it!! Atmosphere is everything to me!!
Old 02-19-2001, 09:17 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LadyW: I agree. I have all white walls at the moment (too much to paint after building) except for my guest room which was an unfinished space until last year. It is now a lovely "lavender lace" color and I am a HAPPY girl. That room is so calming and cooooool. My contractor laughed, saying it was a bit "frilly" but hey, it's MY guest room! Tuff tiddly winks, pal! LOL!

Good luck hunting!

Cloudy
Old 02-19-2001, 09:25 PM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

With this gathering of people, it feels like the network at work has gone down and we've logged a helpdesk call!

I see that Stormbringer has been learning all about images on the weekend??

Melusine, ArchBabe, something wierd seems to be happening with your sig. I see a box that says "Hosted by Angelfire.com" is that what it's meant to say?
Old 02-19-2001, 09:27 PM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Memnoch! Yup, just for you and BK, you feel flattered? (low chuckle)

LoveMuffin (hahahahahahahahahaha! hysterical giggling)
Old 02-19-2001, 09:32 PM   #16
Ladyzekke

Cloudbringer - hey lavendar sounds lovely!! You never know what a room will end up looking like no matter which color you choose. I remember a friend of mine years ago painted her bedroom this bright medium orange with white miniblinds. Sound ugly? She actually set it up to where it looked pretty nice, especially with her double mirror-doored closet. You just never know!

Anyway, househunting didn't go all that great today. Our price range limits us to some pretty slummy looking townhouses. One we really liked the outside of, it had a screened in porch in the back, but the realtor's key didn't work so we couldn't see the inside. We really thought is was a good one though, but there was a catch...of course... some big dog barked next door the whole time we were there. Sounds like a Rottweiler. Eh. I also liked this other one a few blocks away. Just a matter of can we scrape up the closing costs? It looked nice though, little fenced-in yard, three levels, new big kitchen, three bedrooms upstairs (aka me and my husband's computer rooms!). That's the one I want at least right now. The way I look at it, no matter what we buy, we can sell it in 5 years or so and make money on it the way this market keeps going!! Too bad though at our age we can't even afford an actual house around here. But we saw on a local realtor's channel on TV this morning the house price averages for our area. It came to $500,000.00! This is an average! How did we end up in richville??? Enough rambling...
Old 02-19-2001, 09:35 PM   #17
Armisael

Hmm, that cloud almost looks like...
(prods a steak sandwich thoughtfully)

Old 02-19-2001, 09:40 PM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Armie! (goes to turn her heat down) My, my, I have missed you! And stop prodding, it tickles...(chuckle)

LadyW: Too bad about the hunt today, but I wish you better luck next time out. Been there, done that, been miserable, but it is great now, so I can offer some light at the end of the tunnel...uh...detouring toward the gutter...oh uh...damn, it's all Armisael's fault... (giggle)

CloudTunnel
Old 02-19-2001, 10:08 PM   #19
Ladyzekke

Yeah, uh huh, hehe! Ok Armisael, you just keep prodding your steak sandwich there!!

CB - thanks, we'll find something I'm sure. I'm one of those ones who waits for things to happen to them (thinking of that personality test!), but it has worked for me many times in the past so I have confidence that we will find the right place in the end! MAN upstairs has never failed me yet!
Old 02-19-2001, 10:12 PM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well, I'll be waiting to hear about your NEW place, then, ladyWendy! I may got to bed soon. Long day today. Got a play date with my adventuring companions tomorrow too.

Cloudy