Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #21
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

the last time I actually drove a car drunk, it was one of those how did I make it home ordeals... I went to see my husband. when I got ready to go back out with my bro, I lost my balance on the steps, caught myself on the door, almost had my balance, and he decided to open the door up to see if I was ok [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] bet you can't guess where I wound up? for some reason unknown.......I found that very funny, and my brother had to come and help me up so we could go to some more bars.....yeah after that night and being thankful I did not hit or kill anyone, I no longer drink and drive.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #22
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Just last week on CBC radio, they found that all these studies of drinking to any degree being good for you was done by companies and groups which noone has ever heard of. So, don't believe everything you here.
Only just last week they found out they don't know who does all these studys...

It's not reasonable to assume that because you've never heard of a company that they are not totaly legitimate, for example I got a new mobile phhone on a network I've never heard of before from a company, who before I thought made boats..

Point is, you might never of heard of them before because that's all they do, run tests on what products will do to you.

Lastly, it's doctors that give this advice as well, they might not alway's be right but it's been shown in real figures of people who drink certain alcaholic drinks live longer than people who are teetotalers..

Everything in excess is bad for you, oxegen at high pressure is leathal.

When your drunk your not in full control, now it's your own fault for getting that drunk but your still not in control.. Or are you more in control than before but simply unable to apply any of the normal breaks and stops you would in a given situation..
Old 12-06-2004, 09:45 AM   #23
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

[quote]Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:
Just last week on CBC radio, they found that all these studies of drinking to any degree being good for you was done by companies and groups which noone has ever heard of. So, don't believe everything you here.
Look at the February 22 edition of the Journal of Clinical Nutrition. That's an organization that I know of and approve of.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:46 PM   #24
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
Yeah, drinking is bad. Especially drinking water...

*Sips on his Guinness Extra Stout*
Call me crazy (*Waits for the witty people to post "You're Crazy") but what the bloody hell is guinness extra stout? I mean i know guinness, and I know guinness extra cold.. But.. Guinness being a stout... That's like saying... "Fosters Extra Lager (Now With More Lager Than Before").. Isn't it?
Old 12-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #25
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

..funny thing is, even though I don't drink, I believe it's good for you in moderation. Specially red wine. It's hard to dipute all those studies. The others I take with a grain of salt. (what the heck does that mean anyway?)
..thing is that since I never drink, just one will makes me really tired and all I want to do is sleep.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:55 PM   #26
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas:
quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
33% of all trafficaccidents is caused by drunk drivers. Which means that 67% of all trafficaccidents is caused by sober drivers. Now THAT is really disturbing.

Therefore alcohol= good.

And i know i've used this line before, but i'll keep using it whenever one of them boozebashers shows up. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
33% is still 33%!! 0% is much better! Get a designated driver like I am or a taxi. [/QUOTE]But are you better off with a sober taxi-driver, or a drunk one? [/QUOTE]That's a good question and a scary one at the same time!

Oh, and I'm stealing your sig, it's way too.
..know where I can find one like it?