Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2007, 02:14 PM   #11
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Default Re: A capital question for the Dutch

yes, indeed, ok based on my german knowledge

Den Haag is de hoofdstad van de Nederlandse provincie Zuid-Holland. Het is
The Haguye is the capital of the netharlandish provice of south holland.

ook de vestigingsplaats van regering, parlement en Hoge Raad en de
^^umm dont know anything apart from plaats is place or square? and parlament

woonplaats van de koningin. Daarmee is het de de facto hoofdstad van
ooh something about the king or queen. And its the de facto capital

Nederland en wordt het in buitenlandse gidsen en boeken soms als zodanig
^^ of the netherlands and nothing else coming to me here

and I'm bored now

I get the gist
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Vaskez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: A capital question for the Dutch

Based on my universal translator knowledge

Quote:
The Hague is the capital of the Dutch province Zuid-Holland. It is also the place of business of government, parliament and Supreme Court and the place of residence of the queen. With that it the de facto capital of the Netherlands is and in foreign guides and books sometimes as such is labelled. In the Netherlands the distinction between Amsterdam and The Hague is however described as a capital the US. citycity city.
In spite of being lacking a legal status (at least between 1815 and 1983) one has accepted Amsterdam always rather general as a capital. The reason of it lies undoubtedly partly in the function as a king city: except the city where the inhuldiging of king has, Amsterdam also frequently the location for royal marriages and for the annual royal new year reception is. But probably also in the relatively important role which has played the city in the Dutch history. Vanaf het eind van de 16e eeuw groeide Amsterdam uit tot de grootste stad van Nederland en het belangrijkste centrum van handel, economie, cultuur en financiën; een positie die de stad tot op de dag van vandaag heeft weten te behouden.
Een andere reden wordt wellicht gevonden in de ontkenning van Den Haag als hoofdstad: hoewel regeringszetel vanaf de 16e eeuw wenste men Den Haag niet als hoofdstad te zien, omdat de Republiek der Verenigde Nederlanden formeel een statenbond was, waarvan de afzonderlijke leden zelfstandig waren met een eigen bestuur en een eigen hoofdstad. Ook na de vorming van de eenheidsstaat is deze ontkenning blijven bestaan.
Dunno what heppened at the end there. Must've been a word limit.

Edit: LMAO. ^^^^ Apparently a night of drinking with kiwis has rubbed off on me. What a typo!
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Last edited by Sever; 09-30-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote