Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-10-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
grey35
Welcomed New User

Sorry my english.
Unreal World, a rogue rpg.
I have some friends programers, theyre too busy or lazy, but they agree to help me in some proyect.
In the past 15 years I play a lot of rpg and found all of them need "something" . Some need comerce, some need beter engine, etc.
I found Daggerfall and some others with open or possible open end, and I found these are the best RPGīS.
I want to "recycle" a game to make a very good RPG, of course IF the game is "recycled" the game is free.
So, I start this thread for everbody to choose a engine for this RPG. Please donīt choose Daggerfall, this game is too bugy and I belive a game like Diablo are better for the visual point. Personally I choose Ultima 7, the graphic is good enough and some friend say is no too difficult to reprogram. Other game is Jagged Alliance 2, the critters in the game like lions make a good Lynx! The combat system is another thing to choose, Darksun/Jagged Alliance2 system? is turn based but is very good based in movement of every creature. Or maybe realtime? O the posibility of choose one?
Of course some (or all) of you can say we are thieves who taking work of other people. I believe this is only a "skin" for a old game, like CounterStrike. I donīt want to offend anyone whit this proposal.
The title of the thread is ONLY for call your attention, I donīt want to stolen the work of Maaranen.
Please write these points:
1- What engine you like more.
Jagged, Diablo, Ultima7, Fallout...or others
2- Combat system, the URW combat system is great but thereīs others...
3- Can YOU help?
4- You believe making this is legal?

Remember Might&Magic 7 and the alchemy skill? You like this? Want other skill? A good game to view about the skills is Wizardry 7.

For now, thanks for your opinion.
PD: Play URW a little to know is combat system.

This thread is in the URW forum, http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html, Wizardry 8, http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...ultimatebb.cgi and BearPit, http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/cgi-b...ltimatebb.cgi.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:19 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Welcome to Ironworks Grey35 [img]smile.gif[/img] I cannot answer your questions except to say I liked the Diablo engine, but in time I'm sure others may be able to give you some feedback. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 03-10-2004, 07:20 PM   #3
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Have you played Morrowind? It's Daggerfall without the bugs. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always found the alchemy skill in MM7 pretty useless, but that might be just me.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:43 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
You mean to say that Daggerfall was buggier than Morrowind??? I didn't know that was possible.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 03-10-2004, 09:01 PM   #5
InjaYew
Zhentarim Guard

Daggerfall was the buggiest game in the history of computerized gaming I am certain. It was still a lot of fun though. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I didn't have bug probs with Morrowind...

*ahem* Were you fully patched?