Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-02-2001, 01:38 PM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Does anyone here ever order games online from http://www.dragon.ca ?

Good selection and cheap if you are paying with U.S. dollars. I've found the prices to be around $5(US) less than in the stores in the US. Also, shipping is only $2.95 for the first title purchased. I've had good luck with them...

IWD is priced at $34.95(USD). Best price I could find anyway...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-02-2001, 01:50 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Throntar,

Your post was most timely. Someone in the WW forum has been desperately searching for an online gaming store to find Wizards and Warriors. I took the liberty of copying the body of your post over there (with a credit to you) to help him out. Thanks a lot for the info!

Cheers,

Old 05-02-2001, 01:53 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Does anyone here ever order games online from http://www.dragon.ca ?

Good selection and cheap if you are paying with U.S. dollars. I've found the prices to be around $5(US) less than in the stores in the US. Also, shipping is only $2.95 for the first title purchased. I've had good luck with them...

IWD is priced at $34.95(USD). Best price I could find anyway...

You payed how much? At our Electronics Boutiques here, you can get IWD for 24.95. Maybe cause it's not online? Hmmmmm.

I guess it is. I just came from the EB website and they want 39.95. I guess it's a local sale or something. We usually get good prices there though. Hmmmm. They get in stuff quicker than most others around here too cause that's how I got Heart of Winter. I checked everywhere else and they were like, "Huh? Wuzzat?" I go into EB and they say, "Yep, you can pick it up Friday. If you leave a name and a number, we can call you when we have it in store." I did and they called me back Thursday saying they got it a day early. Talk about service.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL

[This message has been edited by Tobbin (edited 05-02-2001).]
Old 05-02-2001, 03:25 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

damn!!! this store rocks!!
fallout tactics is priced like 60% of regular sale!!

you rock!!
Old 05-03-2001, 02:05 PM   #5
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Electronics boutique moved in to my local mall 3 months ago and it is just pimping the ignorant software etc and target stores in there. The wizards of the coast store in has employees that know their s**t but their prices arent as good.

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-03-2001, 02:12 PM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Glad to know that, thanks ! I used to buy my RPGs and other computer games in French stores, but now that they are released only all translated to French here (even the voices), I was searching for a good online store (call me weird, but I just CAN'T play RPGs in French ...).

------------------

The world is my oyster !
Old 05-03-2001, 02:17 PM   #7
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, I only looked in EB cause awhile back they were promoting the add-on CD (Merchant) for BGII. When I got there, I noticed they had D&D stuff (Manuals, Dice, modules, figurines, etc.) so have been going back since. Small store, but they do have quite a bit. Also, rather than getting D&D stuff from Waldenbooks, EB can tell me when the stuff is coming in. They let me know what's coming up too. (Sounds like I'm pretty biased huh? LOL) So I have a general THUMBS WAY WAY UP for EB!!!!!!!!

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL