Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2003, 01:38 AM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
Originally posted by harleyquinn:
They are, but they were not all falling at once. It's a picture that was taken over a long stretch of time, which is why you see all those meteors. I can't remember what that style of shooting is called, though.
it is time elapsed photography, lol, but seriously, who would want to stand there, while even 1 metorite is hitting your village or town? [/QUOTE]I would! I'm a rebel like that! Yeah...ooohh...ahhh...
Old 09-30-2003, 07:11 AM   #12
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
quote:
They are, but they were not all falling at once. It's a picture that was taken over a long stretch of time, which is why you see all those meteors. I can't remember what that style of shooting is called, though.
it is time elapsed photography, lol, but seriously, who would want to stand there, while even 1 metorite is hitting your village or town? [/QUOTE]It doesn't look like he is standing where they're going to fall. It looks like he is miles away so why should he be worried?
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 09-30-2003, 07:24 AM   #13
dplax
Jack Burton

i might be stupid but what is the red glow? dawn or dusk or something, although the website says the photo was taken a 3 pm

Old 09-30-2003, 07:55 AM   #14
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
quote:
it is time elapsed photography, lol, but seriously, who would want to stand there, while even 1 metorite is hitting your village or town? [/QUOTE]Well, usually you don't stand there, you just set up your camera on a tripod and leave it. And as far as the falling, they probably weren't falling anywhere, more than likely that's a picture of one of the meteor showers we've been seeing in the night sky lately. You can see them like that where I am, but none hit earth anywhere near us.
Anyway, it's a really cool pic, thanks for sharing that with us, Stormy [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 08:07 AM   #15
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by dplax:
i might be stupid but what is the red glow? dawn or dusk or something, although the website says the photo was taken a 3 pm
Looks like fire to me. [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2003, 10:22 AM   #16
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Well, even if those pebbles hit India, they probably wouldn't even notice. And if those are life-sized, then they're also 10 lightyears away from here...
Old 09-30-2003, 03:06 PM   #17
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Where was Bruce Willis and Benifer when you need them they could have landed on there with there rig pigs and blowen them up.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:34 PM   #18
Rokenn
Galvatron

here is more info on the meteorite strike:
Flaming falling meteorite causes panic

September 30 2003 at 06:23AM

Bhubaneswar, India - Geologists travelled on Monday to India's eastern coast to hunt for the debris of a meteorite that crashed to Earth, injuring 11 people and leading to an elderly man's death, officials said.

A team arrived in Mayurbhanj village in the state of Orissa to examine a 6kg "stone-like object" recovered in a rice paddy field, a scientist from Geological Survey said.

The massive ball of fire panicked hundreds in Orissa, home to India's main missile testing range.

The debris fell on two houses in Mayurbhanj, slightly injuring three people, said a district official.

Sukdev Singh, a 70-year-old man panicked by the meteorite, died in hospital on Sunday from a heart attack. Eight others also received treatment for temporary blindness or for losing consciousness after seeing the spectacle.

This article was originally published on page 2 of The Cape Times on September 30, 2003
Old 09-30-2003, 04:38 PM   #19
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Cool and nice pic!