Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2002, 09:58 AM   #1
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

i really want to buy a Playstation2 with games quite cheap, i want it brand new though, can someone or anyone find the cheapest price for these items in a package or seperately?

PS2 console
***Gran turismo 3***
GTA 3 or Vice city
Tony Hawks 4
dvd remote
memory card

Thanks
Barb
Old 12-29-2002, 10:35 AM   #2
Arvon
Unicorn

You're going to have to find someone there to help you. The prices here in the US wouldn't apply there. My best guess would be Amazon.com. I don't play the concole games so I don't know the prices. Sorry I'm no help.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Old 12-29-2002, 12:06 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

eBAY is a good place to look as well.
Old 12-29-2002, 12:56 PM   #4
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

If you are looking for brand-new, in the wrap, with warranty system, you have to buy new, and pay new. cnet.com, zdnet (the folks who publish PC Magazine) are the most reliable I have found in the last couple of years for info/price/reliability.

BUT, if you want to know how and where to pick up all the items you mentioned, in one place, for about 60% of retail, and it will be relatively new - go to your nearest university/college, and look at the bulletin board in the student union.

back in february, when the ps2 had only been out since xmas, and was still retailing in the US for $300 with only one controller, no memory cards, games, add-ons, etc., I saw over a dozen ps2 4 sale cards stuck on the bulletin board at UM. There were people selling them WITH 2 controllers, mem cards, and a couple of games for $225. I imagine that you could get more for less now. Hope this helps you.

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 12-29-2002, 01:27 PM   #5
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Barb:
i really want to buy a Playstation2 with games quite cheap, i want it brand new though, can someone or anyone find the cheapest price for these items in a package or seperately?

PS2 console
***Gran turismo 3***
GTA 3 or Vice city
Tony Hawks 4
dvd remote
memory card

Thanks
Barb
You could try newspapers too. Not everyone wanted a PS2 for Christmas. Sometimes, you can get really cool deals. I looked on Amazon.com and found a playstation 2 for around $199. This is the standard price for a new PS2. As for the games, don't discount Electronics Boutique or other retail shops. They sometimes have the games for sale (used & new). It basically goes by what you want to pay for the PS2 and your games. If you want rock bottom prices, you will need to search every angle available to you. If you can go used, you may have more options, but possibly more of a risk. Definitely go somewhere that will back up their products though. You may have to pay a little more, but you will have more recourse if something goes wrong. Good luck to you though. Now that Christmas is over, there will be a lot of sales going on. New Years especially.
Old 12-29-2002, 01:50 PM   #6
Chewbacca
Zartan

I heard an unsubstantiated rumor that sony is going to drop the ps2 price $50, to $150, in the coming year. Regardless it may not be worth the wait, GTA Vice City is like crack-You must have it! [img]smile.gif[/img] Tony Hawk 4 rocks as well!

ps -You don't need to spend $20 on the dvd remote, but it makes the ps2 dvd expirience more convienent.

Good Luck!

[ 12-29-2002, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 12-30-2002, 12:05 AM   #7
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Hey Barb, haven't seen you in a long while! How are you going?
Old 12-30-2002, 04:53 AM   #8
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

In Western Australia the ps2 can come in a package with gt3. It is much cheaper to buy it this way.
I dont know if you get the same deal in the UK.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:59 AM   #9
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Yeah in Sydney we have the same thing. You can buy consoles in bundles with games, dvd remotes and other acessories. It ends up being a lot cheaper. That's how I bought my PS2 [img]smile.gif[/img]