Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2004, 08:20 AM   #61
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
..makes me think of all those Fantasy films out there which have given the genre a bad rap only because of bad writing/editting/directing and of course budget.
I was just saying to a friend on the weekend that I'd really like to see "The Rock" do some Conan stuff. I think he'd do a good job of it.
He's a great guy in person. I met him by accident at a Hotel Restaurant in Toronto. They closed the place after he came in due to the mob outside. I didn't even know how famous he was since I don't follow Wrestling.
there have been rumors and speculation of a new Conan movie with the Rock as Conan's son (bringing back Arnold as Conan, as a king and his son as his antagonist, what I've read of it sounded pretty solid).
Old 10-26-2004, 10:16 AM   #62
Marathon
Elminster

I think hopes died for a new Conan movie when Arnold got elected Governor of California.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 03:40 PM   #63
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Marathon:
I think hopes died for a new Conan movie when Arnold got elected Governor of California.
Why? He had a role in the "Around the world in 90 days" or something like that with Jackie Chan, and that was after he got elected. I'm sure he wouldn't mind having a short role in a new Conan movie.

[ 10-26-2004, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 10-26-2004, 06:14 PM   #64
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

There they go, taking my idea again! I'll never get any royalties this way...

I think a new Sinbad movie would be nice to see today, with all they can do now, considering how good the old ones were, thet could do a great job of it.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:03 AM   #65
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Marathon:
Why? He had a role in the "Around the world in 90 days" or something like that with Jackie Chan, and that was after he got elected. I'm sure he wouldn't mind having a short role in a new Conan movie. </font>[/QUOTE]And look how many times Jesse Ventura showed up on WWE while a governor as well.
Old 11-09-2004, 05:58 PM   #66
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

right.

-al'Lan Mandragoran, Last Lord of the Seven Towers
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 07:03 AM   #67
Lord Asriel
Welcomed New User

Well, I daresay I am not too involved with fantasy reading or gaming, but my points are these:

I do adore Drizzt, and all of the books involving him

I dont think i will make many posts for the basic 2 reasons: first, arguing over the internet is like special ol;ympics(even if you win you're still retarded) and second, if you are disagreeing with many, they will use their number superiority to stop creative dialog and start "you are <adjective> and your talking bs" things without basing it anywhere except their agreement. As it has already been the case judgin from that Baron guy that started the (funny?) things about nukes and so on and the other guys saying "Oh, PLEASE go on"...ffs

I do not see why fast action is bad. Psare me the tolkiens that start creating mythology from scratch, i cant even read two books of it. And if you want vocabulary, choose another style of literature ffs! Go read les miserables or other classics, not the adventures of drizzt!

And above all, Baron, how retarded has one person to be, to be -in an immature way- critisizing an author and his hero, when using that hero's name as a nickname! That's the worst I've ever seen!
Lord Asriel is offline   Reply With Quote