Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Wizard, Bard or Sorcerer.. which would be most fun and interesting?
Wizard 4 40.00%
Sorcerer 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2002, 08:12 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

hmm, im planning of doing a spellcaster..
can you please tell me which you think would be most fun and interesting?
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 08:29 AM   #2
Deathcow
Elminster

i like wizard best, but wizards and sorcerors really are about the same...bards arent as good with spellcasting but they can do lots of other stuff as well, with perform, some rogue skills, and some melee
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 09:52 AM   #3
Mage of Mystra
Dungeon Master

Wizard definitely, but i never played sorc, so i don't really now much about them, all i know is that a lvl 20 wizard is very powerful.
Mage of Mystra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 10:04 AM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i would say sorceror. they dont need to find their spells and prepare them, they just "discover" them, and know how to cast them. definately nice.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:04 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

I'm currently playing a gnome sorceror. I have to say, he rocks. He uses Daelan, the half-orc barbarian as his henchman. Daelan kills everything quickly. Then, my gnome summons his pixie familiar to detect traps and open locks. Finally, he can summon a dire bear for those really tough fights. Most of the time, I just walk behind the pack and pick up treasure. When the guys start getting bruised up, I'll throw a few fireballs into the mix.

I like the sorceror, but the limitation on spells kind of hurts. I also miss being able to scribe spells into my spell book. That always made finding scrolls a little more exciting. On the other hand, there aren't that many good spells at certain levels, so I'm not missing out on a whole lot.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 11:41 PM   #6
DraconisRex

Wizard. Far more interesting than a Sorcerer due to the huge variety of spells you can learn. Very very flexible. And with a pixie familiar, you don't need a thief or a bard so you can take Grimjaw... Who is very, very interesting, albiet kind of creepy... Except when he runs, then he's pretty amusing...

Bards are a load of fun, but you need to really work them hard. And the set-up isn't optimized for Bards. You need more points in INT as some very important skills are NOT class skills. How I make a Bard:

1. Max Charisma needs to be 16. Set up gives you 15. Drop 1 point to 14, which will "buy back" 2 points. Put them into INT. You're now at 12 INT.

2. Take 2 points from your CON score. You'll lose some hp, but that's why you have a fighter in front of you... Put those points into INT.

Now you're at 14 INT. That's +2 on the modifier. That will get you lots of skill points.

3. Take a few levels of Rogue. Not a lot. Maybe 2 or 3. Put all those level-up skill points into OPEN LOCK and DISARM TRAP.

4. Take SKILL FOCUS feat on DISARM.

That Bard will function as a wonderful theif and still be a darn good Bard. You may also want to take a Ranger and a Cleric level.

An UNFOCUSED character to be sure. But, that sucker can do ANYTHING. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote