Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-21-2006, 04:34 AM   #1
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have played 4 different parties, and with each one I just get bored, I'm always hearing NPC's whine about stuff, and noble NPC's talkign down to me, when I just really want to kill everything that moves..

After read many posts, I have decided, my best way to play BG2, would be to run a multiplayer game, then move that save into the normal folder.

Here is what I want to do, light spoilers are okay.

I am to be freaking EVIL! If I don't like something, KILL it, but I'm not going to do this all the time, just to npc's that make me angry.

I will be making 3 characters, and playing this time all the way from soa, to tob

I will pick up one NPC, so I can run through there quests and then ditch them, I find a 3 man team would be the best for me, with the 4 npc, just as support..

So, now lets talk about a party. I got 3 slots, and alot of classes to cover

1 sorcerer staff and sling
1 cleric/ranger duel maces/morning stars/ warhammers
1 fighter/thief longsword/ short bow

My 3 Npc's I want to be evil, though i don't think my cleric ranger can be evil.
Did I choice good weapons for the classes? So many questions,, sorry

So, after much reloading from dying until I get the hang of everything,but I will learn... Can i take this party all the way through from SoA, to ToB ?

Would I be better off using 4 characters?? The class combination are endless, I'm looking for pure evil power, hehe

instead of a multi class, would it be better to duel one of those? What I'm trying to do if make a very powerful party again, a party my grandmother would be proud of. I'd like to keep it down to 3, but if I could gain more power for a 4th I'd enjoy that.. Though sometimes less is more.

BG2 seems to be a freaking huge game with tons of hours, the problem I have is, I can't see myself spending countless hours into a party that I hate.

I'd like to thank very so far for helping me with party/ game advice, I'm sorry for being so picky but I've listened to every word everyone has said and it has helped me very much. Thank you
darnapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:50 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

If you kill everything atht annoys you, tehre's going to be no one left.
Good plan!
With four characters... ti depends. Are you planning on adding NPCs at all?

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Klorox
Symbol of Cyric

You're right, a Cleric/Ranger can not be Evil. You might have to go with a Berserker 13 d/Cleric (very powerful) or a Fighter/Cleric if you indeed want Evil.

BTW, I did a 3 man party (didn't even bother with other NPCs for extra XP) of Anomen (F>Cleric), Kelsey (Sorcerer) and a Dwarf Fighter/Thief and the game was too easy. So much power, so much balance. The classes are similar, although not quite as powerful (or Evil) as those you proposed.

Also, if you want to use NPCs instead, create an evil Sorcerer, grab Anomen (have him fail his test, making him CN), and add in the Valen mod (she's a F/T, I'm pretty sure).

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-- Edmund Burke
Klorox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:30 AM   #4
Andraste
Manshoon

BG is not a slaughter everyone, blood-bath sort of game. In fact, it's unwinable like that. You really do have to talk to people more often than not.

It's role playing, and just like in real life, you sometimes have to work with people you don't like very much. If you don't enjoy the NCPs and the banter, then maybe BG isn't the game for you.

If you want to play evil, why don't you take Edwin, Viconia and Korgan? None of them will mind in the slightest if you kill things. With the PC as an assassin it would cover all the bases.
Andraste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

well you've got the hang of the chronic restarting

this is still sort of your first game - i don't think you want a sorcerer

how important are thief skills to you? 'a necessary utility for traps and locks'(1) or 'vital to my playing style - i love sneaking around'(2)

suggest 3-man parties for either

(1)

human assassin or swasbuckler dualled to mage at level 10 (assassin just traps and locks - swashie can pick another skills to be good at - may i suggest traps?) - short bow plus any other weapons you fancy

dwarf fighter/cleric - slings, mace, hammers - dual-wield or shield

dwarf/halfling or gnome barbarian dual wielding flail and scimitars (or short swords) (you could have a berserker or maybe even a kensai instead)

(2)
dwarf/halfling or gnome fighter thief - weapons to suit but backstabable ones

dwarf fighter/cleric again

some sort of fighter dualled to mage at lvl 9 (berserker (more rounded) or kensai)
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

heh, yes i am a chronic restarter... I played Wizardry 8 with about 400 parties. Only took one party all the way to the end.

I guess I really enjoy messing with classes and combinations more than playing the game. Thanks for the advice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2006, 07:20 PM   #7
darnapkin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So, I did it,, i found 3 classes i really enjoy

dwarf f/c
human assassin
human beserker
Old 10-21-2006, 08:45 PM   #8
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

What? No mages? The high level mage spells are sooo much fun to tinker with.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote