Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Roger the Robber (halfling thief) is my first attempt to take a character all the way through Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II The Shadow of Amn, and Baldur's Gate The Throne of Bhaal. Wish me luck.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 02:24 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Good luck [img]graemlins/awesomework.gif[/img]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 04:52 PM   #3
Lavindathar
Harper

Good luck, but with name like that I'm shocked Gorion adopted you....I would have kicked you out of the door.

Just kiddin, Good luck. I was gonna do it with my fighter, before i lost the game.
Old 01-07-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
SecretMaster
Apophis

Good luck, and here's a crowd of people who wish you luck [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2002, 10:08 PM   #5
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Good luck with Roger the (Artful) Dodger. You may want to consider starting him as a fighter BG1/Tales, then dualing him to thief. If you work it right I would imagine you can achieve grandmastery (after the conversion pricess in BG2) in short sword (katana would be more powerful of course, but aesthetically hobbits just seem like they ought to be wielding short swords) by dualing pretty early in BG1/Tales. Then he can score monster hits well over 100 on his backstabs in BG2.

Edit: Ack, stayed up too late at night and went brain dead. No dualing hobbitses of course.

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]

Old 01-08-2002, 09:30 AM   #6
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis:
Good luck with Roger the (Artful) Dodger. You may want to consider starting him as a fighter BG1/Tales, then dualing him to thief. If you work it right I would imagine you can achieve grandmastery (after the conversion pricess in BG2) in short sword (katana would be more powerful of course, but aesthetically hobbits just seem like they ought to be wielding short swords) by dualing pretty early in BG1/Tales. Then he can score monster hits well over 100 on his backstabs in BG2.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]

I wanted a halfling, for racial bonuses and roleplaying experience. I don't think you can dual demihumans. I'm sure that I will do my share of backstabbing, although, I am hoping to be deadly with a sling, like any good hobbit (halfling).
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 10:56 AM   #7
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

Never mind, heh! (I was still waking up with my coffee.)

[ 01-08-2002: Message edited by: Lemernis ]

Old 01-08-2002, 12:03 PM   #8
andy the assasin
Manshoon

i am going through the whole series with a theif as well. Except mine is an elf, as elves are good with bows.
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 01:18 PM   #9
Lavindathar
Harper

Roger The Robber, Andy The Assasain.

Where do you get your names??

I think I might have to become Brad The Bard or something.

Old 01-08-2002, 01:56 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

If you're doing a Halfling, why not a Multi Fighter/Thief? You get your Thieving skills only a little bit slower, and you get better THAC0 and a MUCH better selection of items you can use (like helmets....). Unless you want to take one of the kits, of course. Because it just seems to me that a pure Halfling Thief would max out on his Thieving skills awfully quick (relatively speaking, that is) and then have nowhere to go.