Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 08:28 AM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

I want to start a new game. I will have a female Sorceres (I wouldn't but when making her I got some real good stats. 10,18,18,18,16,10) as my main PC, however I would like to import a Fighter, a Paladian and Maybe a Thief. I will also take Minsc and Jahira. However how do I put my on chars in a game ? I herad you can do stuff with Multiplayer and putting the save in Single player is this how you do it ?

Also a little tip for those of you who want more exp when makin a new char. Do the tutorial cos the exp carrys through to single player.

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 04-02-2001, 08:42 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

hmmm, im not completly sure what you are talkin about but i know by choosing a saved single player game, you would be able to open a multi game with those characters and you could edit it also. (but im not completely sure) ... the safe bet is to export you characters in single game and put it into multi (but you have to restart there )

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-02-2001, 08:48 AM   #3
dafan

u always have to start from the beginning when you makes a new game so whats the thing with restarting??

------------------
when it's dark outside ...join me...I'm the light when you are here
Old 04-02-2001, 08:58 AM   #4
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

first you need to go to the game where the character you want (sorcerer) and export the character. then start a multiplayer game. it will give you 6 create character slots. make your first one (your new pc). then on the second one click on import in the character creation. then make your fighter and paladin. leave the last 2 slots empty. (personaly i have found 3 pc's and 3 npc's to be best. only 2 npc's gets kinda boring.). then click the check marks next to the characters you want, and click done. the game starts and you have 4 people on your team. make sure you dont take imoen into your party. you only have room for jaria and minsc if you make 4 pc's, once you've got your part of six, save the game. then close the game. open your game file. fine the file called mpsave or multisave, or something like that. find the file inside which represents your game and copy it into your save folder. then restart the game. and play single player. your game should be listed there

------------------

[This message has been edited by slackerboy (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 09:04 AM   #5
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

How do I do a Multiplayer, without acctually getting some else to join ? Do I enter my own IP ?

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light
Old 04-02-2001, 09:26 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

just create a new game in mulitplayer using tc/ip settings... then either load a game or create a new game... no one has to actually join the game...
have fun in mplayer

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-03-2001, 07:50 PM   #7
BG2SOA

Host your own game and create your characters.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich