Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-16-2006, 07:05 AM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok so I been out of the loop and admit I haven't played NWN's in years but often wonder what became of those projects we all were waiting on. The DLA project? Was it ever released? I see they are a design team working on premium mods with Bioware now...did they just dump it? Whatever happend to the Planescape mod? I can't seem to find any info. on that one. Would have been nice to see these projects realized since the Dragonlance one was like 5 years ago when it started.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:54 AM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

DLA is still going they have created a TON of custom content. They have their own web page and forums.

http://www.dladventures.com/

Never saw a planescape mod...saw a few guys try to tackle BG but it never got off the ground.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

But what happend to the Dragonlance Mod they were making? The PLanescape one was called Sigil: City of Doors too. I was waiting to see both but never heard anything.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Ahhh thats right I remember CODI...... I think CODI is gone and most of their work was taken up by the PRC guys. I don't think the Planescape mod will ever see the light of day.

For DLA you can see whats been happening in this thread. Basically they have been doing work for Bioware on the Premium Mods and that means work on DLA1 has been slower (but not stopped)

EDIT: Apon reading further into that thread the DLA1 Mod is dead and not comming abck. Basically they are putting all their work into the DD Modules with Bioware.

[ 10-16-2006, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 10-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Bah, what a sell-out. I know it was a community mod and all, totally voluntary, but my god they had us all hyped up for years then Bioware approach them and that's it. Ah well, the screenshots looked great...
Old 10-17-2006, 12:40 AM   #6
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well the content is all still there and the word is it will be being released. As to when or how still remains a mystery.

I would LOVE to see those custom content models they did of Lord Soth, Rastlin and Sturm in a game someday, in the Solace Tileset that they developed.

[ 10-17-2006, 12:42 AM: Message edited by: T-D-C ]
Old 10-17-2006, 12:48 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Same, exactly what made my mouth water. But with NWN's 2 almost out I don't even see much point for them to complete it. By then fewer people will be playing NWN's 1 not because it is a bad game but simply because it's dated. I can't look at the graphics anymore personally, but I miss enjoying it if that makes any sense...