Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-01-2012, 01:22 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Question Mark Ironworks Forum

Hi,

I don't know if someone remember me from my postings in the Wizardry8 Topic years ago. Once in a while I was looking here to find out about some new games or topics. But it seems to me that the forum is sleeping with the exception of the "Generell Topic"-Thread.

I remember some of you, when I read the threads now (f.e. Kakero) and Ziroc, it seems, is still the board master.

But why are there no topics for some of the newer RPG's ? Is no one of the active posters playing rpg's anymore?

It would be nice if someone could tell me. Maybe, because of my long absence, I've missed some important decisions.

Greetings
Loudhy
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Default Re: Ironworks Forum

Hi, i remember your name. People are still reading and posting here, it's just not as lively anymore as it used to be, no idea why though.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Got a broken bone in my wrist, called a scaphoid. can't really do much--hell, for the last 3 weeks, its been hurting more that normal. poor sleep.. even with the brace/temp cast.

Check this out on the bone I broke--one of the smallest, and gets the least blood supply--thus, hard to heal: (I was in a full arm cast for 14 WEEKS!!! and it didn't heal).. never broke a bone before--and I've done some crazy shit in my time... rope swinging out at 50ft into a lake..... etc.. yet a simple little bone causes a pain which currently feels like a red hot ice pick stabbed into my right wrist. ugh....

http://www.assh.org/PUBLIC/HANDCONDI...Fractures.aspx

Gotta get surgery. but first, I must quit smoking. I want to, its bad for you, and smells. so I'm on the gum and been tying that pill. Quitting is hard as hell. I tried cold turkey, but on day 8, with 3 days of no sleeping.. its true when they say its as hard to quit as heroin... (never tried THAT.. lol never will).

Anyway, its halted ALL productivity for over a year. That's why I don't have the Diablo forum up. As soon as this pain 'relaxes' I will add it. I mean, I'm a graphics artist, draw comics and work in 3DS max-- I haven't drawn ANYTHING in over a year...

That is taking a serious toll on my mental health in a way.. its what I LOVE to do, ya know? So I can't WAIT to get my bone healed back, and I know I'll be putting 1+ years of work into the first 6 Months when I'm 'back' to normal.. I'll be like a new man! hehe..

While I can't play many PC games too long, I CAN plan PS3.. (no need to rotate my wrist I guess.. so i've been into Battlefield 3 huge.. and Need For Speed the Run).

Tried beating Legend of Grimrock, but got to level 8, and it just hurt my wrist too much playing for more than an hour. Diablo I did ok.. got to hell level, but stopped that too due to wrist hurting..

Its so weird.. won't hurt for a while, and the smallest twist or lifting something makes it hurt, and when that happens, it'll hurt 8-14 days before calming down enough to do very light work. I mean, making the bed is a pain.. thats SO lame.

Frustrating is more like it... Been watching the Big Brother live feeds again.. my summer thing..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album

Last edited by Ziroc; 08-02-2012 at 03:15 PM. Reason: cant type good with a busted ass hand. lol
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Sounds bad. A broken bone in the wrist is the baddest thing that could happen to a gamer, I think. I hope you get well soon.

My last game was Oblivion, I'm currently looking for a new one. It's hard to find games without hectic rush and haste and I'm not getting younger (unfortunately).
Old 08-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
MagiK
Emerald Dragon

Interested Re: Ironworks Forum

Not to mention with your right hand out of commission you have to try to use your left for wanking...and that's always a disappointment Just kidding you...hope you get better soon Z.
Old 08-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

@Magik -- HAHAHA! yeah, right?

Loudhy, if you liked the Eye of the Beholder series (or Dungeon Master in 1990) you would LOVE Grimrock, and its by a smaller dev, and cheaper.. The game is full of puzzles and stuff. I can't wait to get back into it.

They are also releasing an editor for free, so free mods!! Check it here:

http://www.grimrock.net/

It's only $14.99 too! lol, and IMO was worth it!!

If you liked Diablo 1 from the late 90's, you'd love Diablo 3.. its much the same, but with the addition of a world of warcraft like Auction house where you can sell loot for gold to buy better stuff. (And there's no PKing in Diablo 3 this time which is nice..) PKing for those that never played the first Diablo and second one too I believe was 'player killing' and it became so bad with the cheaters that it kinda killed the online game.

I'm STILL waiting for Thief 4... Rumors say its in trouble because some dev's left, but at the end of a dev cycle, its normal for lead programmers to bounce... their jobs done, and they move on.. (At least this is what us Thief fans are praying is the case).

They spelled the logo for thief 4 "Thi4f" someone mixed the letters into "f4ith" lololol...

Old 08-08-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Grimrock sounds familiar and looks interesting but unfortunatly it needs steam. So it's no choice. It seems to me that the good old times with CD and Booklet are gone forever. It's a pity.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudhy View Post
Grimrock sounds familiar and looks interesting but unfortunatly it needs steam. So it's no choice. It seems to me that the good old times with CD and Booklet are gone forever. It's a pity.

You can get the non-steam version. I did. I freaking HATE steam--ing pile of crap.
I'm a tech nut, and my task manager is tweaked clean. I don't need a useless POS eating up my ram and cpu, ya know?

I am anti-steam for sure.. don't like that.. I want a game. don't wanna have to install 39942923 tracker programs to play..

but yeah, if you dl it from their own site, they have a non-steam version..

Old 08-08-2012, 10:16 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I miss the days of Infocom.. when you'd get a map, a toy (wishbringer had a plastic stone in it that would glow when held to the light for a few seconds).. neat stuff like that made it fun.. hell, it had to! It was a text adventure. But in those days of Zork, you used your imagination, and THAT was fun.

I hated the mines in Zork though.. got so lost many times hehe... Damn Grues...

Old 08-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #10
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

The first mention of grues in the Zork games is the following ominous line:

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Further investigation will reveal more about their nature:

> what is a grue?
The grue is a sinister, lurking presence in the dark places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.