Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 07:17 AM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

My lead member of the party the Fighter/Cleric died in a battle with Malavon. In his inventory he had a raise dead scroll. It seems no one else can use it but him. I have placed it on all my other party members and none can use it.
What does one do in this case? His stats are -10/170. I thought for sure the Paladin could use the scroll. I even hiked back to Kuldahar to try to buy a new scroll but there were none to buy. Darn those cloudkill spells anyway.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:23 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Well I don't know. Do you have a save before he died?
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:50 AM   #3
ZFR
Legion Symbol

If you dont have a save and dont mind doing a bit of cheating then...

*SAVE FIRST*
Export one of your characters
Boot the guy you just exported
Get a new cleric
Cast the scroll
Boot the new cleric
Import the guy exported earlier

Easier than using cheat codes or dalekeeper but I would still call it cheating.

Remeber to save before doing it.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:55 AM   #4
Otto
The Magister

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
There's help nearby in Lower Dorn's Deep. A priest in the temple will raise dead or ressurect for you, but you'll have to defeat a bunch of undead and an evil idol first.

There might also be a gnome cleric who can help you, but I'm not sure if he provides these services. If he does, you'll have to bring the gnomes a potato sack, and fight some umber hulks before you can meet him.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:46 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img] Welcome to Ironworks Otto! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

If you hiked all the way back to Kuldahar and had the money the priest in the temple should have been able to raise your character.

[ 11-02-2004, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 07:30 PM   #7
Calagari
Manshoon

One of these days I will catch on to this game completely. I was trying with each character to buy a raise the dead scroll to use on him. I thought I could only raise him if I was standing near the spot he died. After I read these posts I clicked on the dead clerics picture and of course the temple priest raised him. It was a good thing I had the presence of mind to take all his goods with us.

Thanks once again to all of you for helping this newb.

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
If you hiked all the way back to Kuldahar and had the money the priest in the temple should have been able to raise your character.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote