Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2004, 04:34 AM   #1
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

I have recently completed IWD, went straight out and bought HOW, I decided to start the full game again, now that I know a thing or two about party creation. Just to make the time go a little faster I exported my favourite spellcaster to the beginning along with my other three new characters (I never have more than a 4 person party).

HOW is great, new spells on every level and the like. My Cleric/Mage 11/11 totally destroyed the orcs in the caravan cave single handedly without losing a single HP!

Im going to go through IWD, then straight on to HOW. (I take it then I cant enter the final building of IWD as you cant leave?)

I have a Paladin so I might find a certain sword along the way, and for the first time a Druid. Must say hes a little lame at the moment, especially in the shadow of my super Cleric/Mage...ahh slay-living.

Anyways, Ive just reached Kuldihar, its a long road before me and Ive no idea what awaits me in HoW.....onward we go, this time its all or nothing!
Old 10-30-2004, 05:08 AM   #2
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Hey you live in Derbyshire (like me). Where did you get HoW from? The only place I've been able to find it is in Game in a box with the original game.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 08:35 AM   #3
Calagari
Manshoon

Did you also download ToTL? Being that it is a free download and adds to HOW I sure would.

Quote:
Originally posted by Soothsayer:
I have recently completed IWD, went straight out and bought HOW, I decided to start the full game again, now that I know a thing or two about party creation. Just to make the time go a little faster I exported my favourite spellcaster to the beginning along with my other three new characters (I never have more than a 4 person party).

HOW is great, new spells on every level and the like. My Cleric/Mage 11/11 totally destroyed the orcs in the caravan cave single handedly without losing a single HP!

Im going to go through IWD, then straight on to HOW. (I take it then I cant enter the final building of IWD as you cant leave?)

I have a Paladin so I might find a certain sword along the way, and for the first time a Druid. Must say hes a little lame at the moment, especially in the shadow of my super Cleric/Mage...ahh slay-living.

Anyways, Ive just reached Kuldihar, its a long road before me and Ive no idea what awaits me in HoW.....onward we go, this time its all or nothing!
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
jmsteven
Dungeon Master

Yeah, I definitely recommend downloading and installing ToTL. It should add another 10 or so hours of gameplay your first time through.

Druids are a class that gets progressively more powerful as they level-up; and they level-up quickly compared with other classes:

At level 5, your druid will get shape-change. This will help you in combat at the early and middle stages of the game. Just be sure to pick the right shape.

At level 9, your druid gets immunity to poison, which helps when fighting spiders & wyverns.

Eventually, your druid will get Elemental Form shape change and immunity to fatigue.

Finally, be sure to take advantage of the better druid spells. They are among the most powerful in the game. Often it's not that a class isn't very powerful, but that its abilities are not being optimized.
jmsteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2004, 05:54 PM   #5
Soothsayer
Dungeon Master

I found HoW in the preowned section of Game in Chesterfield. So I cant garuntee any more are avaliable.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blunderbuss:
Hey you live in Derbyshire (like me). Where did you get HoW from? The only place I've been able to find it is in Game in a box with the original game.