Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default WRITERS' STRIKE = Delays and Cancellations abound

So I have not heard anything recently about the strike in Hollywood from the Writers' Guild. A couple weeks ago, it was headlines and now I don't see much of it anywhere...However I am beginning to feel its pinch. I went looking in the TV guide and do not see that Bionic Woman is scheduled. A quick visit to the forums on NBC led me to learn that the show may not recover because its fan base was too weak to make a comeback and the producers did not have enough scripts on-hand.

What the heck? Can they really not find anyone to write a few shows? Are there really no talent left in the world?

What happens to Heroes, House and other main shows when they run out of scripts?

I swear, when these writers are appeased, they had better come back with some amazing stuff. I have to admit, I was thinking that some of Bionic Woman's scripting was kinda sucky...you know, the kind where I am sure I could have done no worse, and maybe better...It makes me feel that they do not deserve their demands. How many shows come and go these days because the writers do not know how to captivate an audience.

Last edited by Larry_OHF; 11-21-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:29 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Default Re: WRITERS' STRIKE = Delays and Cancellations abound

Even if their writing was pretty bad, even these writers deserve to feed their family with just one job. Because cost of living is pretty high in the US, these writers are not payed enough to get by with only their writing. All it takes is another 4 cents on DVD prices. I can understand that you are bitter about your beloved show and that you feel writing has been bad, but I do think this was inevitable. (especially compared with the huge cuts the distribution/producing companies are getting, outrageous!)
Old 12-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Any more news. Looks Like I better hit the net and see if there is any head way.

Does this mean there is going to be a short season for lost. Or is it ok?? Or is it cut all togther. I am not to sure if the fans will take another blundered season.
Old 12-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #4
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Well I havn't even seen the start of Lost. When is the new season meant to air?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
Mack_Attack

January I think.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Don't even talk to me about Heroes. Finished on Sci Fi months ago, but cos BBC decided they wanted to buy the rights they started it again...from 1. 21 weeks later and yay the season has FINALLY ended but season 2 of heroes won't be on yet :@

And prison break has took a mid-season break as well, and Lost has been off for what feels like forever.

Man TV shows annoy me sometimes. It forces me to buy a crapload of DVDs cos I have nothing to watch on a night. Latest one, Back to the Future trilogy for £15 from Tesco.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:52 PM   #7
Mack_Attack

I feel it is only going to get worse if the strike does not come to a end.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:39 AM   #8
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I missed seeing Bionic Woman this week too. I don't think I'll miss the shows too much though. I'm actually fine spending time with my wife with, or without TV.
I also have channels like Discovery, Animal Plant and National Geographic. They're all good to pass the time.

I think the writers need to be careful though. With the popularity of reality shows, they may be making it worst for themselves.

..and how much do they make?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
Papa Schlumpf
Manshoon

The strike still isn't over. Conan is back on the air though, and other Late Night Talk Shows are apparently going to follow (Daily Show and Colbert Report are back on the 15th, I believe). All without their writers, of course.
Papa Schlumpf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #10
Trogdor
Manshoon

I reckon the strike is the best thing that has happened to TV in a long time, why? because all the no-longer funny shows are off the air and re-runs of our (well at least my) favourite shows are back!

Shoop Da Whoop!
Linux - People aren't really interested in building their car from scratch either.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote