Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-13-2004, 06:08 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

I found this from the Net
http://syrith.free.fr/resource_image..._Bible_0_5.pdf

This looks like it's very interesting. But I've completed Fallout 1 and 2 a few times but haven't heard of these special hits and kicks. Are they only in Fallout: Tactics? Or are they made up?

Thanks.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 06:57 PM   #2
TyranyuZ

They are true [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2004, 03:37 AM   #3
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by TyranyuZ:
They are true [img]smile.gif[/img]
Okay, thanks, but in which Fallout games do they occur? I'm a lvl 11 Unarmed guy in my current Fallout 1 game, but it seems like that game has only Hit and Kick.

I remember that Fallout 2 has that Default 'Standard Rough and Tumble,' but would it be possible to attain any other fighting styles? I'd like to try out those Martial Arts ones. [img]graemlins/1drool.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2004, 05:26 AM   #4
TyranyuZ

Hmm this might be a spoiler for you but IN FALLOUT 2 -> SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
If you go to San Francisco, go to the middle and see the two guys battle in the boxing ring, wait there until they are finished and then go and see that guy who wins, ''Dragon'' is his name, he will then learn you ALOT of awesome fighting styles.
Old 06-14-2004, 06:43 AM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Wow, I remember doing unarmed combat in the boxing ring in San Fran, but I must have missed that! Thanks a million!

An extra question though: Is there an XP penalty with NPCs? If there is, then how much is it? Does it depend on the number of NPCs?

Thanks again.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
TyranyuZ

Nope no experience penalty at all, let's say you got magnetic personality and 10 charisma, that means you can have 5-6 characters in your group so to speak, when you kill a mutant for example, the exp doesnt gets shared, you get everything. Your party members will lvl up exactly when you lvl up.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:53 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To clarify on the last post, each time your main character levels up, your NPCs have a chance to level up as well. Each NPC has 5 stages of evolution. So the earlier you get them, the easier it is for you to max them out.

As for Unarmed combat, it is easily one of the deadliest forms of combat in Fallout 2. I have soloed and partied Fallout 2 several times using different variants of Unarmed combat characters.

It is not stated in the manual... but just for your information... the high-level unarmed combat moves have a hidden vorpal effect. On occasion, when you score a critical and roll reeeeally well on the critical table, you score an instant kill no matter what the damage.

So for example, you could use Haymaker and poke an Enclave Guard in the eye and he will fall screaming to the ground and die on the spot after suffering a grand total of what? 2-3 damage? [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

It is fun to be able to either punch a target 6 times with the Mega Powerfist or poke him in the eyes 4 times each round. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Furthermore, you can get the Slayer perk at level 24 and score a critical on every unarmed hit.

Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!

Designing a solo unarmed character also means that the Jinx trait becomes one of the most useful and hilarious traits. With the help of a Zeta scan, I can max out my Luck to 10 and minimise the effects of the Jinx on me and maximise the effects of the Jinx on the enemy.

Watching guns and ammunition explode in the enemies' faces and seeing them cripple their arms/legs when they try to punch/kick you is utterly hilarious.

For parties, Jinx is of course, not recommended and you can reduce your Luck to 4-5 since Slayer makes all your unarmed hits criticals by default.

Weapons for Unarmed users are pretty straightforward. Go from Spiked Knuckles -> Powerfist -> Megapowerfist(MPF). At the early stages, your basic punch will not cut it, and the Spiked Knuckles is a better choice. Until you get the Slayer perk, the MPF is generally better for killing (aim the eyes). When you do get Slayer though, you can alternate between the MPF or Haymaker depending on how gory you want your blows to be.

~~~~ ~~~~

Recommended perks for Unarmed combat users include,

1) Quick Pockets

Stimpacks, you need Stimpacks; and it is prudent not to waste to much Action Points to access the inventory to use them.

2) Bonus Move

Without the advantage of range, you need to close in to your enemy, fast.

3) Better Criticals

It explains itself.

4) Action Boy

More punching!

5) Lifegiver

Face it, you are going to get hit a lot. If you are feeling lucky, skip it. If not, get both levels to max out your HP. It really helps out when the enemy scores a critical-ignores-armour-oh-my-gawd-it-hurts-so-much hit from a burst weapon. Get this perk at level 12 and 15.

6) Bonus HtH Move

A punch for 2 Action Points only? Sweet! Cue Bruce Lee.

7) Slayer

Duh... ...

~~~~ ~~~~

Other perks you might want to consider.

1) Bonus HtH Damage

Since criticals multiply your base damage, the bonus damage from this perk can quickly add up. There are three levels for this perk.

2) Toughness

Nice for soloists who can well afford to scar their CHA into oblivion with the dermal/phoneix implants as well.

3) Dodge
4) HtH Evade

Better AC is always nice when dodging bullets.

5) Living Anatomy

More damage!

~~~~ ~~~~

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-16-2004, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]

Land of the Psycho-moe
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 05:28 PM   #8
TyranyuZ

Darn Dundee, I dont have that much time to explain [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hehe, feel free to ask me too! Im a 1337 fallout boy
Old 06-16-2004, 05:10 AM   #9
uss
20th Level Warrior

Wow, thanks for the in-depth response! I'll initially try to go for totally unarmed(no knuckles, power fists) but only time will tell how far I'll get.

TyranyuZ, I checked a few walkthroughs, and while most of them mention that it is possible to train for 5% unarmed(can be done multiple times), none of them mention that Dragon is able to teach new fighting styles. By new fighting styles I mean that, for example, you'd get the Fisthook and Claw Hand abilities while you lose Haymaker and Hammer Punch. Are you sure that they are in this game?

Thanks.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #10
TyranyuZ

Hmmm...you gave me something to check out now, now I am abit unsure, though at least I know that he will boost your % in unarmed.