Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 02:40 AM   #111
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

How many levels of Fighter or other class do you have. Whats your breakup ?

If you ar Fighter 6 and WM 10 I don't think you can get WM 11 without some more levels of fighter. You need to become an epic character before you can go further with a prestige class.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:52 AM   #112
Legolas
Jack Burton

It's as T-D-C says, you can't take epic levels in a class until you become an epic character (i.e. go beyond a total level of 20).
For normal classes, epic level begins beyond level 20 just as your switch to epic character does, so you'll never notice you can't take levels there. For prestige classes, epic levels start beyond 10th level.
Exception is the Harper Scout, which can never have more than five levels no matter what.

So what you need to do now in order to advance, is gain a few non-weaponmaster levels until you total 20. They can be taken in any class you meet the requirements for.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:23 PM   #113
Andy O' Necropolois
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Me the dummy--U guys were correct i was able to take the char to 11 weaponmaster as soon as total levels were 21. thks fer the replies. was late night and really had me stumped [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-24-2004, 03:04 PM   #114
vergannen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

One thing I've noticed, not sure that it's a bug, but it does bug me (har har)..

there are quite a few chests in EfU which can only be opened by a thief with open locks, bashing them doesn't work chimes of opening and knock doesn't work.... which is a bummer if you're playing solo as anything other than a thief......

Also on a , somewhat, related note there are some doors in the SE corner of the south part of L3 - Skullport, which say they need a key to open. It may be that I've just not found the key, but I thought I'd mention it just in case....

cheers and keep up the good work!!

R.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:28 PM   #115
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Those doors do need a key.

They are around there somewhere.

I also agree about the chests. we should be able to bash them open. Alot of them we can't.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:29 PM   #116
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

Thats why I try to always have few levels of rogue but, even then sometimes I have to find a key because I still can't open some doors and chests without that special key.
I hate looking for keys!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 12:22 AM   #117
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Yeah but a weimic with 35 strenght should be able to base open almost anything!

Yet he can't base open a single chest with a red dragon greatsword of Hell ?
Old 08-25-2004, 06:26 AM   #118
Legolas
Jack Burton

I disagree about the chests. The reason they're locked is that rogue classes don't have to feel entirely redundant. Your warrior can emply his bashing skills against webs and enemy monsters, but lockpicking someone to death is rather difficult even with sneak attacks.

If you're really determined to open the locks, invest some skillpoints in the cross-class open lock skill for your warrior. Just one point (2 skillpoints) lets you open locks with up to about Take 20 + 1 + DEX bonus + lockpick +10 = 31+ DC.

Otherwise, don't solo, just team up with someone else. The game's more fun like that in any case.
Old 09-10-2004, 06:47 AM   #119
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'm not sure others have this too but it's not at all unlikely.

What happens is that when I buy certain items from Durnan (greater archers belt, isaac's sequencer robe, and many others) I time out. When I try and open his 12th(? I think) weapons tab the same thing happens. I can view all the others though.

Since the game itself doesn't reset it's not an actual crash, and relogging fixes it and places the item in my inventory, and takes the gold it costs. So it looks like a loop is entered, taking up so much CPU it causes time-outs. When the source (specific player, i.e. me) is gone the loop is broken.

Since the only script I can think of is involved would be the Module OnAcquireItem, you might want to take another look at that one.

Otherwise it might just be the size of Durnan's store, I don't seem to have the problem elsewhere.

Regarding the 12th or 13th tab, is that possibly a corrupted item or similar?
Old 09-24-2004, 07:22 AM   #120
Legolas
Jack Burton

Managing to narrow it down, it seems this problem practically only occurs when buying finite items from the armor tab. Is it because reorganising all the items on a 20+ page merchant inventory takes so much resources?
Closed Thread