Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 05:09 AM   #21
Tuor
Elminster

Re: "Um, isn't everyone forgetting npc's? I mean, Nalia's keep is a toughy at any level and if you have Nalia, she'll die like nobodies business, perhaps whats required is the acquisition of some tougher npc's, like Keldorn (sewers) amoen (copper coronet) etc. Btw, don't worry about time limits or anything, very few quests in the game actually have a time limit and usually specify the time etc. If your new to Baldur's, do a bit of exploring, look for cheap expo to get those stats up etc..."

Nalia's keep is in fact one of the easier quests in the game out side the city if you mix he right characters. As a general rule if you are playing for the first time you should have at least 2 decent fighter classes (fighter, paladin, ranger, monk) with decent hit points , two more pcs who can handle themselves in a scrap like clerics and bards and two others-probably a mage and a thief.

However t is no good if you give those characters equipment they can't use properly or give them inappropriate arnour-i.e. leather armour to a pure class fighter when there's a perfectly decent set of full plate laying about.

Make sure you are fully healed after every fight, and before you run out of spell and hit points sleep. Don't wait until all your characters are on 3hp to sleep because if you do you can guarantee monsters will disturb your rest and attack you while you are almost completely defenceless.
Old 08-15-2001, 08:11 PM   #22
oldbittercraig
Elminster

my two cents- I did virtually every side quest (except Firkraag) before continuing on with the main quest and it made my characters that much tougher, which will be worthwhile when you resume the main quest.
Old 08-15-2001, 11:25 PM   #23
Thrawn
The Magister

same here, and if you have ToB don't forget to also do the watch's keep, atleast as far as u can you always can return to it later keep that in mind.