Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2001, 07:15 PM   #1
Beowulf2104
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok so With all these d&d games coming out I have one shampoo simple question...Am I alone in wanting a Dragonlance CRPG? Am I really the only one who wants to play in that one instead of Forgotten realms where the lion's share of everything has been going on? C'mon no one else wants to mix it up with some draconians or a dragon highlord? this cannot be. so people gimme some opinions and or news if you have it. thanx My curiousity got the better of me
Old 07-15-2001, 07:28 PM   #2
jabidas
Silver Dragon

Id love a dragonlance game but based on the Margret Weis and Tracey Hickman books (Raistlin, Tanis)not the fifth age of Krynn and garbage like that. Major problem being the series is being discontinued or so I hear. Great books BTW drop by the book forum some time.

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 08:11 PM   #3
Beowulf2104
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Of course i meant the tanis and raistlin years, not that 5th age debacle. LoL what a crappy game that would be. No magic no clerics NO FUN. Discontinued are you serious? I thought they were reviving it, getting rid of that 5th age mistake and bringing back the gods and whatnot....at least that's the impression I get from the new trilogy, war of the souls (dragons of a fallen sun/lost star)...I thought they'd be bringing them back for the 20th anniversary or something. it looks like it's gonna be one of those i shot JR it was an alternate timeline created by tas thing although it's still way up in the air cause it won't be out for another year. Where'd you here it was getting shelved? they just did new printings of test of the twins and the chronicles so I'm trying to take that as a sign that they arent.

PS book forum?
Old 07-15-2001, 08:15 PM   #4
Northraven
Manshoon

Amen brothers and sisters! I'm all for an RPG set in the Raistlin/Tanis et. al era of Krynn on two conditions:

1.Bioware does the game

2.It is set during the period of the original trilogy...
Old 07-15-2001, 08:18 PM   #5
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I cant remember where I heard it , it just came up in a conversation one time. I never bothered much with the fifth age books read one and said no Im just going to leave that good image in my mind of what it was like at the end of Legends.

Yes the book forum click where it says Ad&d books and your in, its just above the button for general discussions, its not just Ad&d any more but books in general. There are a couple of threads you should check out, the welcome one, fav writer and charecters you like to introduce yourself.

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
Beowulf2104
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have done some hunting in my typically bored collegiate sunday way and discovered the following: TSR is NOT going to do a third edition of Dragonlance (Explitive of your choice here) but will contiue on with everything else as normal. i reiterate my desire, no need for a dragonlance CRPG, storm black isle and inform them of our demands and we will never be hungry again!!! (somewhere in there I started hearing 'glorly glory halielua and it all just unwravelled. but I do stand by my position) I will Not rest until i can be a Red robed mage!(a cool one, not one of those ponces from thay)
Old 07-15-2001, 08:30 PM   #7
Beowulf2104
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The thay thing wasn't a knock, merely my excess of pent up emotion bubbling over. Hope that got across and no one was offended...if so..you have sincere apologies
Old 07-15-2001, 08:35 PM   #8
jabidas
Silver Dragon

You shouldnt worry about mocking things in forgetten realms, no ones going to jump down your throat about, hell whenever someone talks about Elminster one of the Moderators always steps in calls him a munchkin and laughs at him being a cheap Gandalf rip off.

I want Black robes.

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 08:58 PM   #9
Beowulf2104
Elite Waterdeep Guard

See that's the thing you could have a load of fun like a half dozen blacks reds and whites to chose from for a mage, and if you could make it so you can become a dragon highlord or kill a dragon highlord i picture the breakdown of civilization No one would leave their homes! Or a kender thief? the humor is right there waiting to be picked up on I mean...D'rizzt is cool in a double weilding drow way but...while playing wouldn't you love to run by tanis or raistlin, or have some stuff filtched from your pocket by tas, stay at the inn in solace, I mean it's just a much better world than forgotten realms, so much more room to make a great game. Just the stuff when you get to like the 6th lvl as a wiz and have to take the test @ wayreth...c'mon! that would beat anything in shadows hands down. or how bout trying to become a knight of solamnia or a cleric of takhisis? this is major fun i'm talkin here! who do we write to?

PS he is sort of a watered down gandalf. less cool less mystical. Who do we get to blame for Volo?
Old 07-15-2001, 09:04 PM   #10
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I dont know if you could do all the things you suggest, it would lose focus, while it sounds great you cant build that much freedom into a game.

------------------